What should i get?

want a new thow in my collection. here are the ones who made is 2 the finals:

• R-type fits all my wants: wide, powerful, able 2 fingerspin
  • Shutter and replay pro pack that comes with xtra string and lube
  • overthrow is oversized, perfect for my big hands +fingerspin dimple!
  • 2up halo i believe is a shutter and r-type hybrid

what should i get?

Seems like you answered your own question.

4 Likes

halo is less like a shutter and r-type hybrid and more of a revisiting of what they did with the avant garde what with that neat looking undercut and all. kind of like the clyw glacier express from back when. it’s reasonably priced so you can get a plastic along with it.

i would suggest against the overthrow though. it was received very lukewarmly. if you’re going for a plastic why not look into the atom smasher. it’s pretty under the radar and competes with the likes of the shooting star and speedaholic xx

1 Like

3 out of 4 you Mentioned are great and can’t go wrong.

Do not throw your money away on the OVERTHROW! It cheap junk. I had 2 (both cracked the first time the hit the ground).

4 Likes

yeah the overthrow is really not gucci. there were even conspiracy theories that they just put it out so as not to waste nine dragons shells. luckily, yyf has since released better plastics options. git yoself that smasher

3 Likes

Despite having a soft spot for the Replay Pro, I’d advise against that one as there are better options. My first unresponsive was a Replay Pro and I loved it, but gave it away after I gained a little experience and moved on to a Speedaholic XX.

Ivan

3 Likes

Will echo the sentiment of the others and recommend against the overthrow. It’s loud, unstable and poorly built. It doesn’t feel nice at all. Nobody talks about the overthrow except to rag on how bad it is. Save your money and go for these other plastics instead:

But it looks like you already know what you want, so just get the R-type. The rest of the options aren’t as great as the R-type anyways. Extra string and lube you can buy separately, and the strings that come with the pack aren’t that great. For lube you should get One Drop V4M lube, which comes with a needle so you will never overlube your bearing and for string I’d recommend the Original Throw strings. Very affordable yet great playing strings.

The lube is out of stock, but maybe you can find it somewhere else.

1 Like

With all due respect, if the R Type fits all your wants what more do you need? Does it still take a strangers endorsement to pull the trigger?

It sounds like you know what you want, trust your instinct, you want the R Type so why not buy it?

1 Like

At the budget he seems to have I’d reccommend against the Atom smasher and just to get a Shooting star. The Atom Smasher is great at a budget…but doesn’t perform as well spin wise, stability and smoothness as the Shooting Star does. I have no personal experience with the Speedaholic.

1 Like

3 Likes