Plastick yoyos

Hey looking for a plastic yoyo to buy here’s an order that I wanted
poly edge
dove
varient
Of course all of the yoyos above are sold out… :frowning: I really wanted the edge

I’ve been throwing a replay pro, but it’s time for me to get a new feel or I might just be stuck throwing this thing forever… Would anyone like to recommend to me a plastic yoyo?

1 Like

iYoyo Shooting Star. Really a tremendous throw, especially for $30.

5 Likes

I fully second this recommendation. Also, you can go with the first base as well.

3 Likes

Can confirm, i have one on my hip here at work right now lol

2 Likes

Also the Speedaholic XX by C3yoydesign is a solid designed throw as well.

2 Likes

Wedge, first base, and speedaholic xx.

1 Like

I’m selling a 2Sick En Passant, which is a plastic yoyo with stainless steel rings here.

1 Like

Another vote for the C3 Speedaholic XX, to be fair I have NOT tried the other throws recommended here but I carry and throw my Speeda every day! I have a Replay Pro as well, so I can offer a comparison since that’s your current throw:

Speedaholic is wider than the Replay Pro but less chunky in the hand so it took me a bit to get used to it. Much wider catch area. Plays much lighter than the Replay Pro to me, after using the Speeda for a few days the Replay felt like throwing a rock. A fun rock but a rock.

Comes with a 10-ball concave bearing which is very nice, I actually assumed it was an 8-ball until I removed the shields. The Replay has a Center Trac bearing.

Speedaholic has a wider string gap than the Replay as well as the wider catch zone, I can use it with fatter strings such as the YYSL Ammo and Plutonium whereas the Replay likes something a little thinner. I’ve discovered I enjoy playing with the fatter strings as they’re easier to see and can be whipped around easier for me.

Speedaholic is also super smooth. I’ve read that this is due to the fact that it’s machined plastic instead of molded but whatever the reason, it’s like butter.

Anyway hopefully that’ll give you an idea of how they compare, at least in my view! In short, the Replay Pro is an excellent yo-yo for $16 but the Speedaholic XX is well over twice the throw at not quite twice the price!

Ivan

EDIT: I should add that the finish on the Speedaholic is super low friction. I think it might be slipperier than my bead-blasted Basecamp Expedition. It doesn’t have a thumb grind lip but is great for hand or arm grinds. The finish is so smooth that it’s a little tricky to do the string-tension adjusting trick since the yo-yo wants to spin against the string instead of grabbing and whipping it around. I consider the finish an asset aside from this inconvenience.

5 Likes

Get a wedge, its good for the price and it spins long, only downside is it can be stripped fairly easily. (Didn’t realize this was 8 months ago🤦‍♂️)