what should I get

srrythis doesnt have to do with the avalanche but im a begginer and i want 2 either get the protostar or the north star wich should i get???

[quote=“yoyo4ever,post:1,topic:25290”]
srrythis doesnt have to do with the avalanche but im a begginer and i want 2 either get the protostar or the north star wich should i get???
get the proto i heard the north star has a bad vib

They both have a decent amount of vibe. I like my Protostar because it seems to be more smoother.

But a main difference is that the Protostar is VERY light in feel compared to Northstar. Like I couldn’t feel the Protstar in my hands when throwoing.

ok iv heard somewhere that the northstar has a bad vibe/wobble

No, when the arrows are not alligned correctly, it vibes. You got to tighten it until the the arrows are at least 3mm from each other. Any looser than that it will vibe.

You can look at it in terms of weight. The Protostar is intermediate heavy; 67 grams and Northstar at 69.5 grams. Heavier throws tend to have more momentum which typically mean a bit longer spins and slower on the string. The Protostar is faster on the string than the Northstar. And regarding vibe, if you throw wrong any yoyo will vibe. You’ll need to perfect your technique.

So you’re saying that the Northstar spins longer than the Protostar? I don’t think so.

well it’s all in the math. mass times velocity. in a real time side by side comparison in no way are they equal in that regard

Yeah, mathematically. But if you’re gonna choose a yoyo, just because the Protostar spins a bit shorter (I still don’t think so in real life), Protostar is still a good choice. ;D

I’m not here to even debate it, simply helping the dude select according to whatever play style he might be after using weight as a reference. I like them both. hehe ;D ;D

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to argue.

I prefer the north star

ur a begineer like how begineer.???

Protostar, it’s smoother and faster on string.