What’s your favorite modern responsive that’s still in production?

I’m also on Doc Pop’s mailing list and he also sent info there. The drop is this Friday at 10AM PST on his website.

2 Likes

Weekender, Deep State, Deeper State, Respawn Lite

1 Like

Yeah, people definitely seem to be forgetting the “still in production” part, and the Butterfly XT and YYF Confusion are great ones…Especially since, unlike the other ones mentioned (except the Freehand One), you aren’t spending like $60+ for them even if they were still in production. Same with fixed axles like the classic Butterfly and Legend Wing.

Thus, they’re pretty great for people with people for limited funds or who are just wanting to dip their feet into modern responsive to see if they like it. I’m looking forward to the Doc Pop version of The Thing. I don’t have the ZGRT Janus, but have heard good things about it and isn’t sold out, and I have also heard that they’re going to do another drop of the Alebrije sometime soon.

3 Likes

That yoyo is not made by Doc Pop. He is simply reselling the yoyo on his store.

@GnarlyCharlie, @Errant.Giraffe, the yoyo is called “The Thing” and it’s made by Toybania. I would link the page to it, but Toybania is another retailer so I can’t. It has been around for ages at this point, a good 5 years at least.

3 Likes

I did not mean to cause confusion, I was just speaking in brief. Doc Pop has called these “Doc Pop Edition” Things, with some small tweaks (including a titanium hub) and new colors, so I felt calling it a “Doc Pop Thing” was sufficiently accurate.

5 Likes

Ah I see. “Doc Pop Thing” to me, sounds like the yoyo is made by Doc Pop, so yeah. The Thing (Doc Pop Edition) would be a better name for it.

I also just wanted to clarify its origin because it seems like people were having a hard time finding the yoyo, thinking that it was made by Doc Pop.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting a Toybania Stoopid for a while now but those things never seem to pop up on BST.

2 Likes

I’d jump on the opportunity if I see one on BST. I hear good things.

I don’t think a lot of people had them to begin with. The Toybania yoyos were never really popular, especially their later releases. Not to mention how old it is so the people who own it might not even be in the community anymore. The forum community has changed a lot over the past 5 years so yeah.

3 Likes

That’s sorta what I figured. Well, no better time to grab a Toybania than this Friday I suppose. It looks sweet, I want the yellow one.

2 Likes

Yeap for sure. Shipping is probably cheaper buying from Doc Pop instead of Toybania as well.

2 Likes

For me its the Butterfly AL 2023. 61.5g would normally be a nonstarter for me but it’s a Butterfly and I’m old so I hooked up. It has been a joy to throw and keeps its lighter brethren on the shelf. YoyoExpert has some new colors in stock.

2 Likes

Janus currently. But I also love the new aluminum imperial.

3 Likes

Just an FYI, DocPop announced that the next run of weekenders is currently at the anodizer. He’s hoping to do: clear, black, purple, and uv reactive.

8 Likes

Oooo I definitely want to grab a purple.

1 Like

My personal best STM record was set with the Respawn Lite. Both versions are really nice

2 Likes

UV reactive, that has me interested

3 Likes

I debated hunting one down, but I’m already planning on getting the Thing, the upcoming El Mijo, and now the next Weekender release. I’m going to need a bigger case.

4 Likes

It’s probably just a fancy name for glow in the dark paint or coating.

3 Likes

doc pop edition thing is up on his site now…just ordered a yellow one.

5 Likes