What’s your favorite Duncan?

It was hard to decide cuz i love orbital gtx and haymaker x but i been throwing my grasshopper gtx i got 2 months ago its probably the best a bit bettet then the orbital gtx it has so much power. Now i know why they made a big deal about it i been throwing it more and its my main throw

4 Likes

Grasshopper gtx and the exit 8 are perfection . I liked the yoshicuda also but it was vibey and It bothered me.

4 Likes

So apparently the red pads are competition pads. That have a very short life span. Maybe a couple weeks (MAYBE). just from my experience. I changed them out for whites and my freehand 1 feels nice again. Before it would slip out of every bind. I dont think the red are worth buying over the white. Seems like you would be buying pads every month lol

5 Likes

I have my plastic Freehand 1 set up semi-responsive. I found that the spin dies too quickly with the white pads.

3 Likes

duncan metal drifter small bearing.

3 Likes

I picked up a Ti-Freehand about a month ago, and it has really left an impression on me. It doesn’t play like an OG Freehand and it doesn’t play like the new Al ones. I have it set up totally unresponsive and it is one of the nicest organic yoyos ive ever thrown. It is extremely well balanced, light, and just a joy to throw. Blows the Gravity out of the water when it comes to fun factor imo. I imagine that most of the people who bought these were collectors who don’t play collector yoyos, but this yoyo has had a lot of thought put into modern organic play and it shows.

8 Likes

OG A bearing Exit 8, blasted blue. Even though it’s cracked some knuckles.

Now, Orbital GTX.

7 Likes

I only have two, a Grasshopper GTX and an Exit 8. Both are great, but the Grasshopper is probably the best player out of the 18 yoyos that I own.

4 Likes

Id love to see this throw.

3 Likes

im really enjoying my grasshopper gtx at the moment !!! if you pair it up with some yysl kapow string it will play like perfection !!! also i really enjoy throwing the barracuda, and windrunner (7068 version) they are both great throws !!! you should totally try them out one day :grin:

3 Likes

Mine’s long gone :frowning:

But…

I remember grinds being talked about as so old news at this time, but I have just always really enjoyed them, so this blasted version was sweet.

8 Likes

The current bi-metal Exit 8 is nice as well. Probably a tie for me between that and the Tourney.

4 Likes

Same here i like it bit more then the orbital gtx might sell that and sone others it has so much power very stable mine is the beutiful red

4 Likes

Awesome

2 Likes

I just got a gtr its very good and powerful its like the grasshopper gtx but more power i love it get one

2 Likes

So i like to share with duncan my love for the gtr they want to know what we like about it and if i can write to them i will go thru u. its powerful very stable very fun not too heavy it looks heavy but it’s perfect. as i mention here in forums its a bit similar but more power then the grasshopper gtx i own and i own few bimetal from Duncan the response pads red are excellent as well. i can see more guys use it for competition too

3 Likes

i feel like a young child in this forum not knowing that there was an old monometal version of the Exit8

4 Likes

I’m a freehand guy. I don’t play that style at all but I love that yo-yo.

14 Likes

The mg is top tier!

4 Likes

Killer collection, the green Mg is easily the coolest of the bunch in my opinion. The Taka Freehand Pro is also super cool.

5 Likes