What’s your favorite Duncan?

Grasshopper GTX.
incredible performance. On par with much higher priced throws in my collection at a more reasonable price. Smooth. Powerful. Long spin. Can’t say anything bad about it.

kgb

7 Likes

All of em.

Throw Duncan!

6 Likes

Im preaching to the choir but the Freehand1AL is probably the best and most fun throw ive ever had, although less than a month into owning it the pads do not seem very good, all my binds are really slippy on it. Maybe duncan doesnt have the best pads or i got a bad set, they were nice and snappy out of the box though

5 Likes

The original Butterfly is my favorite, without it I wouldn’t be here. I learned how to yoyo with it, and it wasn’t easy, lol. Brain twister, double or nothing and split the atom can all be accomplished on it though, with enough patience.

Do I use one nowadays, no, definitely not, lol.

The Freehand lineup has cemented itself as favorite of the ones I’ve played. I’ve yet to get the new FH1, but that’s next.

6 Likes

IIRC

If it has red pads, I believe those are Duncan’s “competition” pads. Breaks in quick , but shorter life expectancy.

@bjardin could confirm for sure though

2 Likes

We went for the softest pads. It fits right to our yo-yos out of the packaging.

It’s hard to justify the life span of the Duncan pads since we all play differently, bind differently and the amount of hours we play with the yo-yo.

It’s been a long time since I changed the pads of my Duncan Yo-Yos because I have a lot of yo-yos to rotate with and I barely stick to one yo-yo in one day. But I’d say that if I play one yo-yo for a month or so, like I used to compete, I will have to change it too.

8 Likes

completely agree! I actually prefer my Grasshopper GTX to almost all of my collection. It’s just so good. My wife surprised me with one for Christmas, and it’s now one of my favorite to pick up. I was honestly in awe at how good it was when I first started using it.

6 Likes

That Ti freehand is pretty nice…

6 Likes

Its a funny thing, my playstyle is very casual and i havent thrown the yoyo for hours on end. They must have a significantly low life span, I’ll probably just try out some different pads

3 Likes

I really like how the Yoshicuda X plays. It’s really good performance for the money. Almost as good as a Turning Point. You have to be careful with them though. They can easily start vibing from being unscrewed a few times. Also I’ve dealt with a lot of ring shift from 5a drops that weren’t even bad. But the rings press back on as easily as they shift so it’s not so bad. I’d say if you BST one or get off of a sale it’s the best price to performance ratio you can get.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, you win one from a giveaway!

2 Likes

Grasshopper GTX although I haven’t tried the GTR.

7 Likes

Grasshopper gtx by a long stretch. when throwing it you would swear to god you were throwing butter,

5 Likes

I disagree. I have thrown butter and it tends to stick and doesn’t bind well at all.

7 Likes

Idk man try using lowfat unsalted butter or margarine, works pretty well for me. plays like a grasshopper gtx.

3 Likes

Yea duncan is kicking ■■■■■■■■■■■ grasshopper gtx haymaker x are my favs all too awesome. that gtr is out now nice colors too

5 Likes

Grasshopper GTX. Duncan hit the magic spot with that one. Performance to price ratio is off the chart.

7 Likes

The aluminum freehand one is my current favorite. Followed by the new plastic freehand one. I actually bought 2 of those lol. I never thought I would be a collector but duncan has got me sucked in, I want all the freehands! I wonder if we will get special edition plastic freehand 1…

Off topic but…Does anybody actually know if the red and white response pads are different? And how?

6 Likes

When I got back into yoyos after a fifty-year hiatus I fell in love with the Butterfly AL. I couldn’t find a new one but I got a couple of used ones. However last night I got a new blue one right here in the YYE store. There are still two teal ones if anyone is interested.

5 Likes

That would be totally cool.

1 Like