What’s your favorite counter weight

Yo we all like 5A right? So what is your personal go to CW? There’s no right answer and it’s all preference but what do you reach for most often. Also what’s a unique or special CW you have?

2 Likes

D20 CW by rain city

I really like the Duncan Rapid Ball. The most unique I have is Rain City’s Objet D’Art counterweight because you can change the weight.

Moth Ballz are on most of my yoyos

1 Like

Fu-ring or saturn

My favorite right now is the no city G.O.O.D

I have a chainmail counterweight (by dustin gunter) that I love because it doesn’t hurt at all. So pleasant.

4 Likes

Is that the original ti one?

Yes, titanium + neoprene rings.

2 Likes

I am really terrible at 5a. But I do have a small collection of counterweights. My faves are my DedHeds.

2 Likes

Mine is not really a counterweight per se. It’s a red yoyofactory top button ball. But it also works really well as a counterweight. Iykyk

My favourites are the Leather Jackets. Quiet, comfy, nice grip. The Mulga Cube on the right feels and plays great but is much louder than anything else (made from my percussion timber stockpile) and can easily dent aluminium.

Most unique is my squashed self portrait

The Leather Jackets and the textured burgers in the second pic (I’ll probably call them Slamburgers) I’m pretty sure are unique things only I make. If someone else has done these first I’d love to see.

5 Likes

The porykon and the ones i made that were somewhat inspired by it.

2 Likes

Printing and testing new ones every week. Definitely my favs right now are barrel shape ~10gramm, with a higher infill rate in the tail and made of not too soft TPU ~85-90

1 Like

Ooh, I dig those yellow lemonhead looking ones.

1 Like

That raspberry looks awesome

2 Likes

Dedhed for me obvi. The Dedbev, Visitor and Dunk20 being my favorites. Really love the gummyweight gumdrop too

2 Likes

clears throat if only someone started a thread where they talk about different weights and rate and review said weights… hmmmm….

2 Likes

Very big difference between peoples favorite weights and a review thread but that’s a good one to link to the linktree thank you for reminding me

1 Like