5A/Counterweight Display!

Show off those 5a setups! Gotta a cool CW? A unique CW/string/yoyo combo? Let’s see em. I got those Halloween vibes going with this one.

The WindRunner is a great choice for 5a by the way. Stable with the double rims, spins forever, not crazy expensive so you don’t have to worry about beating it up etc.

10 Likes

Replay Pro is the EDC

Silenus with the porykon is my real practice setup

Kapital with the Beeb is comfy and laid back

Flame with the bouncy ball is me aiming high lol

I’m new to 5a but I’m invested

13 Likes

11 Likes

My two dedicated 5A beasts

10 Likes

Weekender with a leather counterweight from a leather yo-yo shop in Japan.
Axl Elite with a leather counterweight made by myself.
Wildwood Oak yo-yo from @Eric_Newlin with a CLYW Log counterweight.

I’m really into the leather counterweights. I really didn’t like when my plastic counterweights would hit metal my yo-yos. After seeing Doc Pop’s leather yo-yo and counterweights, I went searching. The place Doc Pop mentioned was the only place I could find that makes them and I was lucky he had a few left. I started making my own since I couldn’t find any one else who does. They work great and I love ‘em.

12 Likes

This is so sick! I usually prefer soft CWs on metals too I hate the ping noise die and other plastic makes when it hits

1 Like

Yeah, that noise is the worst. Especially at night lol. That was the driving force to make a leather one. Bonus side effect is that the leather provides a good grip.

You guys are braver than me lol. I mainly use Duncan rubber ball these days YYF has a rubber ball CW as well that is a little harder than Duncan’s but still much softer than dice). Any hard plastic counterweights are too painful at this point. Hopefully once I’m a little better I can move on to nicer looking CWs. Interested in the wooden ones; seems like they might be softer than plastic and less painful.

7 Likes

Love the Duncan dice. I have several. Mainly for the visual…

2 Likes

The dice used to be my favorite until i started using the porykon stuff.

3 Likes

11 Likes

My OCD appreciates how every CW matches the throw

1 Like

Yeah I really need to try one, any one in particular you’d recommend?

The rubber ball is my favorite Idc what anyone says! I personally like the weight of them and I feel way more confident knowing it’s not gonna ping off my yoyo and make a noise that could shatter glass. Is that blue one softer as well?

2 Likes

No the blue one is hard plastic and hurts quite a bit lol. Duncan rubber ball is my favorite, but YYF rubber ball is also pretty good, just a little harder than Duncan’s. I am interested in trying wooden CWs as well in hopes they are more forgiving than plastic.

2 Likes

I lost all of the counterweights in a family shot, so here’s a few pairings.

OG Confusion with Unknown Square and Hubstacked Confusion with Porykon.

Layer Infinity Kasm with Infinity weight and Butterfly XT with Big Fun caps and Layer Infinity Monster Ball.

BoltXP with DocPop Astro and Tropic Alien with Dedhed astro style weight.

10 Likes

Same here, you’d think they’d have a little softer feel and texture! I heard the chain ball CW is actually pretty soft and forgiving as well, but buy from the creator not the rival yoyo store

2 Likes

Excuse the ignorance I’m still catching up with all the new stuff and what have you after being away for years, but is that a freaking pokeball CW?!?! Or “monster” sorry please don’t sue, Pokemon

2 Likes

Yes. @wayne927 makes them and sells them here on YYE and through his own store front.

3 Likes

Porykon jupitor is my fav at the moment. Really want a sumo but they are outta stock

3 Likes