What’s a good trick to learn after Spirit Bomb and Tsunami Bomb?

Got stuck in a bit of a hole with those two tricks and now that I feel alright with them I’m looking for the next trick. What’s a good trick that will keep me progressing, but isn’t levels above those two?

2 Likes

Superman

8 Likes

Perfect! Thank you.

Yo just start doing Trick a week w us

6 Likes

I’ve peeped some of them before. I don’t think I’m quite up to that level yet. But hey, there’s no harm in trying!

2 Likes

Yooo im working on my 1A too, a progression list would be clutch! Right now im just sorta learning stuff that looks cool :laughing:.

I’d love to get skilled enough to follow the trick a week too. Im not there yet either.

4 Likes

Same here. Just kinda look around for stuff that looks cool and also within my general skill level.

1 Like

A lot of times they are easier than they look like those are the kinds of tricks I like to pick but yeah ya gotta try them to find that out. This week we have some good stepping stone tricks included also and easy ways to make it less difficult. We really do try to keep them accessible but it’s a hard line to find like cool and interesting but also not too difficult so sometimes they have been a bit too hard and we’ll notice lower participation and then we try to move back to easier tricks. I don’t know…I think y’all can do this weeks! For sure hidemasa hook if y’all haven’t done that before or the main trick but with that single hook instead of the double.

4 Likes

Im gonna go look. Im down for trying some tough ones i feel it helps to go in the deep end. I just get stuck :sweat_smile:.

But usually if I get stuck ill just start working on another trick so I wont get bored making progress on a few at a time.

Right now I am stuck on the whip part of Branding, I’m so close!

2 Likes

I used to be super intimidated to participate in TaW, but I’m really glad that I did… I’m usually in over my head and it takes me forever to learn most of them, but it has forced me out of my comfort zone, try new elements that I would normally avoid, and I feel it has made me a better player. There is no pressure to post on time either, I’m still working on tricks from February! Come join us, obviously all the cool kids hang out here :sunglasses:.

7 Likes

Superman is great. It’s forcing me to go back and actually understand what’s happening with a Magic Drop in order to get it consistently. Much easier to Magic Drop in Tsunami Bomb and just kinda hope for the best with an 80% success rate.

1 Like

I remember being at that level. Looking at my notes around that time. I was also looking at Nitrogen Cycle, Rancid Milk, Maximum Overdrive, Supercharger, White Buddha and Candy rain. There are a few options of varying difficulty and styles there.

I think it also depends on what you like to learn. There are obviously lots of meta tricks and tutorials you could check out. If that isn’t your thing the TaW thread is a pretty good option to find a variety of fun and interesting tricks.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

I agree with all the tricks that have already been mentioned. Here are some more unconventional suggestions you could try. Don’t forget not to get hung up on a trick for too long; just try some other stuff and then come back to it later. Have fun!

1 Like

I have the White Buddha YYE tutorial tap saved on my phone. It looks doable. That and And Whut are on my list after Superman. Can’t wait till I get enough basics down to start understanding how tricks works on a deeper level. I remember how that felt when I started understanding fixed axle and it’s such a freeing feeling.

2 Likes

usually what i do is try to find a way to put the two tricks together fluidly and see what i come up with

3 Likes

Yeah for me those tricks were where I started to feel like I was leveling up to a degree. Not a lot of “modern” elements, but good ones to pick up on. I would say if you want to get to the point where you know enough tricks/combos that you can start to toy with the arraignment etc. Granted I’m still terrible at this, but I don’t spend enough time doing it. Here is an example from roan/tricklab of how he takes 3 different tricks and finds nice ways to build them all into a single combo. These elements might be out reach for now, but you may find the concept of his trick construction useful.

2 Likes

i keep avoiding superman. i can do spirit bomb, i can do magic drop, but i just hate the difficulty of wrist mount tricks… i still don’t understand how the magic drop works in superman.

Honestly IMO the rejection is easier with your whole hand than the basic magic drop. I think the last hop is much harder.

3 Likes

The hop through the opening in both Tsunami Bomb and Superman is the hardest part. It messes me up half the time getting out of Tsunami Bomb.

2 Likes

The little trick I use for exiting Tsunami Bomb is to do a little pinch between you NTH index and middle finger. That helps keep that opening from sliding around and you should just be able to pop out. The superman is exit just takes lots of practice.

3 Likes