What off string yo-yo would you suggest for a first time 4a player?

I’m thinking about getting into 4a yo-yoing but I’m not sure what off string yo-yo I should get.
Rite now I’m between the yyj Big Yo, the yyj Aquarius or the yyf Pocket Change. dose anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for the help

p.s. I don’t have any preferences because I’ve never done 4a before.

-Brett

The Aquarius is nice because if you drop it, it won’t hurt the yoyo as much. You need to buy offstring rims for the pocket change. The Bigyo is probably my favorite, It wont affect the yoyo if you drop it alot.
You should check out the hayabusas that Duncan has.

When i was planning to start 4a, I choose the Aquarius because in reviews they said that the rubber rims are very cool/useful and it can make the yoyo bounce (yeah!!! ;D) And no much maintenance needed because it has a tight gap for the response system that you just twist it to fit your right preference of response.And until now im still using it for 4a (i had it for 1 and 1/2 years). But just now I heard it was discontinued :’( So maybe you could get one in trades or buy it from others

But its still your choice:
If you like a bigger yoyo to easily catch the string go for: the Big Yo
If you like to use friction stickers,silicone stickers, or recessed pad as a response system:Hayabusa
If you like to spend for like 2 plastic yoyos buy the: Buy the YYF Pocket change with the YYF Offstring.

The Pocket Change w/ Offstring rims is your best bet here. I love it.

The cheapest and easiest way is to use something you have already, probably a plastic. Just tighten the gap and take the string off. :wink:

my friend got the big yo. it is SICK. and like they said, it can REALLY take a beating.
it’s all plastic (obviously) and the bearing is HUGE! we go to the park all the time in the big field and stand probably like sixty feet apart and just huck the thing and play catch. plus it’s really easy to whip.
pocket change seems small for 4a? anyway. BIG yo is the WAY TO GO!
:wink:

Pocket Change WITH Offstring rims is not too small for 4a.