What is your shape preference?

Do you have a shape preference? I didn’t think I did but I find myself navigating towards organic throws.

Also, Is one shape considered better than others for new players? And likewise for competitive players?

2 Likes

Shapes with lower string rub are considered better for performance in competition, so not organic throws

I personally like a v/h shape combo most, but all shapes are cool

Examples

3 Likes

Organic or we die. :joy::joy:

Jk of course. But for someone who started back when Moses split that sea to keep his J’s from getting wet, organics were mainly what I had access too and now love. Good convo starting!

3 Likes

I have a couple of Vs and they feel so aggressive to me. I feel like maybe they’re too powerful haha which I guess shows that I’m very new and not competitive

Haha I knew he did that for a reason!

I remember going through infinite illusion catalogs with my dad and him talking about how perfectly round the new Duncans were. The FHZ, throw monkey, fh1. :joy::joy::joy:

Now im 33. Maybe. Ill really have to ask my wife. And when I see a curved yoyo I start having an asthma attack

3 Likes

No wonder I’ve been wanting to pick up an FH1 for the longest time

Organics are fun too, many players tend to like organics for chill, comfort and more control feel. Its not all about competition :smiley:

3 Likes

0 or stepped for 1a.

W/stepped for 5a

2 Likes

What is a stepped shape?

2 Likes

Love this vibe! I was worried I might be on the outs with my love haha

1 Like

Organic-ish with a couple angles (steps?) to lessen contact w the wall.

3 Likes

So basically turning point

Exactly!

Nice, thank you
(Maybe ill have to try a StElmo then)

1 Like

Now I need to look into that shape. Sounds like I could like it

1 Like

step straight and wider h shape

1 Like

I like H, V and W shapes, mostly but also the O shape from the Duncan GTR-JS is insanely good.
Usually the more is dedicated to performance the yoyo the better is for me, never found myself with organics (except when it was the only choice many years ago), also has to be quite wide and the gap as large as possible

2 Likes

I only have bimetal TPs but I bet I would like the monos also. Also I prefer closerer to V-ish for weights 65g and under bc I want the max rim weight distro when the yo-yos are lighter.

Pretty much anything other than v shaped or aggressive H shapes.

1 Like