List your shape preferences

Rather than necro an old thread from 2014, I thought I’d just start a fresh one on this subject.

So list your yoyo shape preferences in order from favorite to least favorite.

For me it’s:

1. H, rounded “soft” V
  2. V, W
  3. O (least favorite)

I know that organics are very comfortable, but they just don’t appeal to me for some reason. I’d much rather have comfort in the form of a nicely rounded H or V.

2 Likes
  1. O
  2. V, W
  3. H

It’s very hard to snap start an H shaped yoyo.

1 Like

Organic, Slim, Slim Organic, modified Organic

Yeah, that’s about it.

3 Likes

I like w shapes. Specifically stuff that has those flat angled rims like the protostar or the paolista. Not sure what that’s called, is that h?

The ProtoStar is a pretty classic W shape, I believe.

1 Like

Then yeah, w all the way

1. O
  2. W,H
  3. V

Not a fan of V shaped yoyos, at all.

Looooove my V’s, the more angular, the better usually
1 - V
2 - W
3 - H

1. O
1 Like

Yep V for me (with slightly softened rims), followed by W. Anything in between is cool for the most part, like Sleip-inspired shapes.

1 Like

I haven’t actually tried any O shapes, so hoping’ to get one of 'em eventually

1. V/H
  2. U > (this should be a thing)
  3. W

O is great but really hard to get right, I think. It would be my first preference, but so few manufacturers can do it properly. So many just feel lifeless and heavy.

1. W
  2. O
  3. H

When I first got started, it was O-shape or nothing at all, but I’ve really come around to the V the past few months.

I think it still goes something like:

1. O - still the king
  2. V
  3. H
  4. W – I just don’t like it at all. I dunno

I prefer the HWV with softer rounded edges are so nice…now weight & dia. should figure-in here too!
Just saying…

1 Like

I like W and H the most, I find O a bit hard to warm up to sometimes… but overall I’m with @smileypants707 in noting that plain V shapes are suuuper boring.

For example the SF Bliss, I just don’t get why people like it. Plain V. :tired_face:

3 Likes

V’s are lit, I love the shape of the Bliss

O’s are really no bueno. MC does it best but O’s are still a big :-1: for me

Just got my first organic recently and immediately fell in love. After that probably H or W

1 Like

I want to like the Bliss but it is soooo boring to throw. So boring. Cadence > Bliss.

At least organic has the comfort and chill factor, see everyone’s massive love affair with A-RT; that’s basically all they do is endless iterations of the same organic shape with minor tweaks (and note that it all started with the CLYW Canvas, which was Jensen’s last signature, basically the same thing). And people lose their darn minds over 'em.

You’re right, I don’t even own anything A-RT and it is on the top of my “if I ever have $130 plus shipping to throw at a yo-yo” dream list.

In order:

Grail
Diptych
Quail
Sparrow

1 Like
  1. V, W
  2. H
  3. O
    All I have for an organic is an maverick but just don’t like the feel of them I my hand

I think that is an overly simplistic view of their yoyos.

1 Like