List your shape preferences

I disagree, having 4 5 A-RT models myself (Grail, Sparrow, 420, 69, Junior). They’re all variations on a basic organic theme. Good ones, mind you…

(sorry, I forgot I had a Junior since I CAN’T TELL IT APART FROM ALL THE OTHER A-RTs I HAVE. Not even joking.)

I’m not arguing that the majority of them are an organic shape. But I think those ‘minor tweaks’ you mention make a big difference. Not to mention the fact that they are all different weights and sizes.

1 Like

Well yeah sure, the 420 is giant. That’s fair. I mean of similar sizes, of which there are… many… in the A-RT lineup.

Well I think you have a point.

Maybe they could lay organic to rest for a little while. It seems like they just really like organic.

They do a great job at building awesome organic metal yo-yos, for sure! I never disputed that in any way!

But if you are looking for wild variety in your yo-yo design, A-RT is not the place to go – excepting their wood yo-yos ironically which I am sure you are very familar with :wink:

Yeah I traded some of my woods for a Woodboy and a Poupon (I think it’s called?).

The Poupon I care nothing for at all. Mine was out of shape too. I had to take the guts out and fix up the shape on my lathe.

The Woodboy, however is a really good wooden unresponsive, but WAY too big! Far too big to be practical for hands my size.

2 Likes

Organic all the way.

1 Like
  1. Bell
  2. O
  3. W/V

Circle yoyos are nice.

Nothing to see here… move along… :slight_smile:

1 Like

V and O are my 2 faves I love the modified shape as well.

In order of favourite to least favourite

wide V shapes

V

W

H

I pretty much like all shapes. As long as yoyos lack flat sticky rims, I’m happy.

This should be official:

Whatever shape the turntable 1.0 and horizon ultra is, those are my favorite. Least favorite is o shape, but I still love my benchmark O a LOT