What is your favorite tool for knots?

Especially one of these that I just picked up at my friend’s 50th birthday party yesterday (reducing trash and extending string life):

11 Likes

They’re not one-piece, but the BMT knock-offs of the Silver Bullet (like the Six-shooter), don’t seem to come apart. Not sure how the one in this picture was taken apart, but mine will not come apart (as the description here says):

https://yoyo.fandom.com/wiki/BMT_Six_Shooter

2 Likes

Someone else mentioned these. I’m going to get one. They sell them on Amazon pretty cheap.

2 Likes

I got mine YEARS ago, just browsed amazon and they don’t have this specific one anymore, but there’s one very similar to it for $30 - if I recall correctly, I paid $50 for this back in 2018 🥲

6 Likes

I use a plastic letter opener, knot picker and string cutter in one.
But these Ti toothpicks are cool and I’ll check it out.
@Kray you deff have the best knot picker design!

Edit i went to the rainforest and i have to say these Ti toothpics are great.

@kray your new design is amazing.

3 Likes

Thanks. Already working on a new idea. Level up the knote picker game LOL

4 Likes

I like the look of @Kray’s picker!

For me - If I have a knot then I’ll attempt to pick it out, failing that I just open the yoyo.

4 Likes

Here a new string picker prototype “eagle nose”.

19 Likes

Best tool ever

7 Likes

Cool! Where’d you get it?

3 Likes

And what is it? Besides the toothpick, what are the other pieces? Looks cool

3 Likes

More info on it here

4 Likes

Check link from slacker

2 Likes

These dental floss picks are very good at pulling out knots. When I don’t have one around, I just unscrew the yo-yo.

3 Likes

I used a toothpick for years. I was recently shocked at how much better the Airetic yarn needle works.

9 Likes

Just received 100 paddle picks from Amazon.

13 Likes

Those look really good. $12 for 400! Lately I’ve been using the pick that came with my Elysium from @FewandFarBetween

6 Likes

Mine were 100 for $6. Figured that was more than enough, although I’ll find other uses for them. Probably could have gone with shorter ones. These are close to 5 inches. But, I can still fit one in my wallet and if I shortened them a little a bunch could be stored in an empty YYSL string container. Happy with the purchase.

3 Likes

these are always super handy.

14 Likes

Am I the only person who literally just unscrews the yoyo? I’ve never had an issue with vibe or stripping a yoyo or anything like that, and I get knots all the time. Maybe I’m just insanely lucky?

I have a couple orange sticks lying around but I rarely use them. I’m impatient and unscrewing a yoyo to pull the string off the bearing has never caused me a single issue.

12 Likes