What is your favorite tool for knots?

Tapestry needles for this guy!
Picking through thick thread/string without damaging it is what they were engineered to do.

I really liked the Airetic plastic needles (also found cheaply at the fabric/hobby stores like the tapestry needle) but the plastic was too flexy, and my cat kept chewing em up…

Stainless Steel tapestry needle is where it’s at!
Little loop of Airetic for handling :wink:

4 Likes

How do you get your nails into an axle knot? Unless you have very long nails?

1 Like

Why does that dude just have one long pinky nail?

Lol

3 Likes

I never live in fear of taking a yoyo apart. They unscrew for a reason. :wink:

5 Likes

I like to be thorough.

flames

9 Likes

Has there ever been a metal fixed axle? A non-take apart one piece metal?

3 Likes

It’s way faster to use a tapestry needle than it is to unscrew a yoyo

Also, as @ChrisFrancz pointed out, not all yoyos unscrew

1 Like

IKR! But I’m not the kind of guy that carries a tapestry needle around. Why would I want to be you when I can be me! lol
Just kidding!!

(In all fairness I think ChrisFrancz is aware that not all yoyos unscrew. He’s inquiring if there is a fixed axle metal that doesn’t unscrew)

1 Like

I was off topic just asking if there was a metal yoyo that could not be taken apart. Like a one piece Legend Wing. Is that even possible? Machineing a one piece metal might be a nightmare.

1 Like

My bad, I thought you were making the point that not all yoyos unscrew.
My apologies for misquoting you!

1 Like

@Kray knot picker has seen better days as it went through the washer/dryer. I had to repair it with a good ol fashion lighter :joy:.

Still the best knot picker I’ve tried. I’ve had some pretty great extras thrown in packages but this is definitely one of my favorites

6 Likes

Thanks man! Next time I will add a couple of them as backup.

2 Likes

Very cool. Is it your own design?

1 Like

I used to always use the teeth of a comb, but recently I also use a toothpick or tweezers. Whichever is closer to me lol

1 Like

As someone once said:
“I ain’t different from anyone
It ain’t no use a-talking to me
It’s just the same as talking to you”

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes it is.

1 Like

You guys should read my “knotty” thread. We covered all this. Just saying

2 Likes

I just throw a couple of toothpicks in my pocket and im good to go. The ones with the flat bevels are the best imo. Some of the other fancy tools listed in this thread are cool, but id probably lose it. Toothpicks are literally dime a dozen.

I just put on a hoody that I haven’t worn in months today, and inside one of the pockets was a beat up toothpick. Made me smile.

4 Likes

Titanium toothpick - wee lil guy that fits on a keychain very well
PXL_20210503_223233163
PXL_20210503_223253681

6 Likes

You cant go wrong with a toothpick

3 Likes