What is your favorite tool for knots?

Since we’re on the topic, I have a fun rule. If I get a knot, I always pick it and then switch yoyos. Forces me to change things up a bit more often.

8 Likes

I always carry around tooth picks in my pocket just for picking knots out of my yoyo :joy:

6 Likes

i have one of his holsters, very nice, unobtrusive, has held up well… knot pick works well too

3 Likes

an unwound paperclip

2 Likes

Nylon zip tie. They are a great size and pointy enough to slip under the winds of strings and don’t scratch anything or even damage the string.

3 Likes

Blade is great for cutting string as well

5 Likes

my hands

2 Likes

Do you use this on aluminum yo-yo’s? I feel I would definitely scratch it.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZHGBPJ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_YFX8H4J76GQ95MGVS9AR

The best! And you can fit in your pocket

5 Likes

Paperclip.

4 Likes

Orange sticks that my good lady leaves around the house like a treasure hunt. If I find one, it’s MINE. Muahahaha
I think they are nail accessories. Soft wood with a point one end. Small enough to fit in the gaps but sturdy enough they last until you lose them.
As I said really cheap, cost me nothing and don’t scratch my babies.
Good for getting response pad guck out too💖

I am told they are not expensive £2 for ten. Would last you your yo-yo lifetime and have some giveaways to ya mates!

3 Likes

I have something similar on my keychain for my outside throwing.

2 Likes

These are my favorite.

9 Likes

Hey I also have those. But I just use my super long fingernails to take out knots hahaha

Toothpick

3 Likes

2021 was time to update my 3D printed string pick. Now it is also comfy to carry on the key ring without getting stung. Here some prototype pics:

Old 2020 Version:

24 Likes

Looks great @kray! I really like how well these work! The little hook is just right.

How did you design/print the hinge mechanism?

1 Like

There is a „magic“ feature called in place printing.
It takes a bit to wrap your brain around it and get ur tolerances right but then it is an awesome feature.
Look up in place printing on YouTube. There are hundreds of projects dedicated to this cool mechanism.

3 Likes

A tooth pick or a straightened paper clip works for me. I have a couple of dental picks if those don’t work.

1 Like

Knots come naturally for me, completely tool free. :laughing:

Years ago I noticed that I often damaged the string when picking at knots. If the knot is tight enough I can’t simply use my fingers to untie it, I just use my fingers to replace the string.

2 Likes