What is your favorite style of yo-yoing?

What is your favorite style(s) of yo-yoing and why do you prefer it ? :wink:

By the way there is a poll later in the page written by me and with the help of Marco if you are interested thanks :+1:t2:

5 Likes

At the moment, I prefer 4a because it looks a bit more impressive to me than 1a, since tricks are a bit bigger on average than 1a tricks, which tend to be more technical. 4a also feels more flowy, and rhythmic, to me, which I love. Still really enjoy 1a too, though.

3 Likes

Cool I have a yyf flight and I’m still trying to get the hang of it but glad you like it though :+1:t2:
P.S one day try soloham and tell me how that goes :+1:t2:

1 Like

Can’t wait to try soloham, but I definitely need to practice my fundamentals. I still mess up on just throwing one off string yoyo, at times, lol.

1 Like

Tell me about it :unamused: i know how you feel :grin:

2 Likes

We’ll get better with practice, I’m sure. I only started about a week ago.

5A is my preferred style of yoyoing. I like it because for me this playstyle is all about movement and motion. I also dislike tech a lot, it looks complicated to me and I can’t tell what’s going on when a skilled 1A player does a combo and 5A to me feels like the opposite of that.
5A is so simple to be honest, many tricks that also score in a competition don’t even have the yoyo interact with the string🤣 !!!

And I love aerial tricks! In an aerial trick the player literally let’s go of the yoyo and string, I mean how awesome is that?

6 Likes

Very cool! I have a Rain City Raindrop counterweight coming soon, so I’ll be trying 5a for the first time, when my package arrives. It’s nice to hear that it’s less techy than 1a.

1 Like

I have a Duncan barracuda which goes so well with a Duncan counterweight so I’m still learning 5a as well

2 Likes

Not very interesting, but I really like good old 1a.

4 Likes

me too!

1 Like

I have yet to try 2a and 3a, but I really like 5a so far because you can just pick up the yoyo and start practicing some awesome tricks. The tricks not only look impressive, but they also feel more flow-y and smooth once you get the hang of it (which I’m still working on). There’s also a lot of variety, for example, the double dice technique. It is really difficult though. Btw the rain city skills YouTube channel has a lot of cool 5a yoyo tricks tutorials. @MrYoyoThrower

2 Likes

I definitely agree with you on that

1 Like

It’s for sure 1A, mainly because that’s my best style but other then 1A it’s 4A, off string is super fun. I’ve finally have got a delrin offstring ( the marshmallow by topyo) coming in tomorrow

4 Likes

I love 1a and moebius looks very interesting. Plan on incorporating that into my tricks soon

2 Likes

I like 1a and 2a. 2a is great because it is just practicing he same thing over and over, so usually I watch a bit of tv, and throw some 2a yoyos.

4 Likes

I try! 5a Has never been a main style for me, but I’ve tried to learn and teach some fundamentals and some fun stuff!

1 Like

1A, 4a, and AstroCW at present. I really like full loop as well, but haven’t put much time into it in the last year.

3 Likes

Your videos on full loop are very helpful! And you teach some pretty unique tricks.

That’s the goal, I’m glad you like them!