What is your favorite skill toy beyond yoyoing?

Diabolo, Begleri, Spin Tops, and Kendama are fun. I’m nowhere near as good at them as I am with yoyo however but they’re fun diversions. Oh, and unicycle!

1 Like

Skateboarding will always be the ultimate

2 Likes

Cardistry is my second hobby…

6 Likes

kemdama

I’ve dabbled in all of the things. Because I don’t consider skateboarding a skill toy, I’d have to say kendama. Skateboarding is very sentimental to me, and the feeling of playing kendama reminds me a lot of my skateboarding days. It’s a very similar feeling of grind and satisfaction.

I’m not sure if unicycle qualifies as a skill toy, or more of a bad life choice (i have two).
Juggling and spin tops are my main non-yo pursuits.

1 Like

3D RC heli for me

1 Like

I like playing with balls. Any kind of ball will do.

2 Likes

Interesting

2 Likes

If we’re sticking to more traditional skill toys, Kendama is the one I do the most aside from yoyoing. I can juggle a bit and passing clubs is still a life goal. I have a 3x3 cube on my desk that I’m learning the basics of, but I doubt I’ll ever get into speedcube. Just understanding the algorithm and being able to solve it will be enough for me.

Not sure how far we’re willing to stretch “skill toy”, but if we’re getting into the weeds, I’d say disc golf and fly fishing.

1 Like

pen/pen spinning.
I’m no good at it, but I’ve picked it up as a way to loosen up my hands a bit for yoing…and it’s a good way for me to start using my non-throw hand more.
I picked a pen up that’s designed for it many years ago on amazon for like $2 shipped and it’s really neat. It’s got stainless steel balls at each end to give it balance and weight, and it’s got different groves where you can put your fingers…ah forget it, let me find an image that’ll explain better than my words! lol

2 Likes

Tactical Handgunning.

Funny; I actually never really thought about it as a ‘skill’?

More about the competitive nature.

But I guess anything can be a skill.

Even spitting in a bucket on the other side of a room🤓

3 Likes

i would love to get in to baglari

My grill game has been pretty lit for the past 7 years. Not quite a toy (even though all the gadgets and tricks are definitely skill requiring and toys lol).

2 Likes

Skating. Both carving and street

3 Likes

I would have to say a figtet spinner. It is so fun to learn tricks on that!

2 Likes

I use to play hacky sack in high school a lot lol. Gonna get a new one and play again with a friend i got back in touch with

3 Likes

Kendama. not very good but i enjoy it a lot.

3 Likes

I love my AstroJax playing almost 20 years now.
And about 6 years with Bo staffs

2 Likes

still got some pop

5 Likes