What is your favorite place to yoyo?

What is your absolute favorite place to show your skillz

3 Likes

In a park under a tree

4 Likes

Where ever I have time to yoyo. Usually indoors is nice in a well lit carpeted space

3 Likes

Anywhere other players are throwing.

1 Like

Definitely outdoors!! I love to find some green space at the hotels when I travel for work. Occasionally I’ll get a couple of younger participants even. Haha.

1 Like

Outdoors for me ideally in a woodland area

2 Likes

It’s nice being outside but I don’t like the wind messing with my slacks

3 Likes

Everywhere. But especially outside on a warm, overcast, windless day with low humidity.

2 Likes

For myself my favorite place to yoyo is more of a mindset than a location as I free myself into the F̵̯͉̺̻͉̆̉́͒ ̴̝̭̺̒O̶͍̒͆̀ ̷̼̩̙͆R̵̪̦͑̅̃ ̸̗̝̰̇B̶͚́̍ ̵̢̯̬̟͔̈́̇̐͝I̸͖̱͎͆͂̿̅̍ ̴̮͉̱̱̽D̴̜̼̝̓ ̴̨͈̱̇̄Ď̴̥̙ ̷͉̜̖͗͊̎̀͝E̵͎̖̓̽ ̶̟̊N̴͙̽̈̅̊ Realms which is essentially a branch of being in the “flow state”

The main difference being the approach of which you let your mind lose the feeling of humanity and instead embrace the idea of being other worldly wether that be alien/fantasy/other dimensional/ etc.

By doing this, trick creation enters into a new sort of approach that ends up being very rewarding and quite the experience to discover :slight_smile:

In terms of physical spaces, one of my all time favorite locations to yoyo and let myself enter the F̵̯͉̺̻͉̆̉́͒ ̴̝̭̺̒O̶͍̒͆̀ ̷̼̩̙͆R̵̪̦͑̅̃ ̸̗̝̰̇B̶͚́̍ ̵̢̯̬̟͔̈́̇̐͝I̸͖̱͎͆͂̿̅̍ ̴̮͉̱̱̽D̴̜̼̝̓ ̴̨͈̱̇̄Ď̴̥̙ ̷͉̜̖͗͊̎̀͝E̵͎̖̓̽ ̶̟̊N̴͙̽̈̅̊ realms is when my wife and I go on our fishing trips. We will head out to a quiet lake, far from others and off the beaten path. And during the time of just vibing and being in the sounds of nature, I find my creative juices get going and I can be more open to flow and create.
Otherwise, just being in the comfort of my own home and yoyoing is also good too :smiley_cat:

E̷̢̯͚͚̞͐ ̵̙̲̃͐͋̑ͅX̷̞̺̜̭̘̐͠ ̸̬͉͎͖̪̿̏̿̽͘P̷̳̪̔͒̈ ̷̙̭̼͍͠L̵͇͍̊̍ ̶̡̣̇O̵̮̐ ̷̨̟̍͘̕R̸͉̫͖̈́ ̴͔͍̏͆̌E̷̦͝ ̶̪̞́̓̕

5 Likes

I can’t get a day without wind, so I like to practice indoors for the most part

In the cooler months here in Florida, there are quite a few beautiful parks I like to go to. In the spring and summer……strictly indoors with the AC set to 71 degrees.

The idea of another human being seeing me play with a yoyo fills my soul with piercing anxiety. Which is hilarious cuz when I was 12-14 or whatever I was literally attached to my yoyo and didn’t care at all. Now I have to feel like a girlfriend is marriage material before she knows I own a yoyo (JUST ONE BECAUSE OWNING ONE IS CUTE AND ENDEARING AND MORE IS FOR CRAZY PEOPLE AND YOYOS ISN’T HOW I WANT THEM TO FIND OUT I’M CRAZY). So yeah long story short I yoyo in my house.

1 Like

Throwing / poi spinning outside hits different fr

Standing infront of the TV in my living room during Steelers and Penguins games. :sweat_smile:

I wish I could yoyo outside more but my neighbors drive me insane. I think this summer I’m going to find a good place outside to yoyo around here.

1 Like

I enjoy the challenge that the wind provides. Big slacks and whips playing into the wind, you get some really cool string movements. Lots o knots too! lol

the sunny spot at the end of the garden in summer for sure, warm weather can’t come soon enough, its been rainy for months in the uk

2 Likes

I just don’t want the yoyo to slip the wrong way and now you have no tv