What is your favorite 7075 throw?

Forgive my ignorance, but what makes 7075 better?

It’s like comparing plastic to metal, except the difference isn’t as big, but definitely noticeable. 7075 gives better weight distribution then 6061, which makes it more stable and perform better. 7075 is also much stronger then 6061.

What would give a huge ding to 6061 would give little pinpricks to 7075. Literally. One time I smashed by Messiah(7075) on the edge of a table off a breakaway, couldn’t find any damage. Hit my front door with a front throw, a few minor scuffs.

As you’ve probably noticed, I don’t handle my yoyos very well sometimes ;D

7075 aluminum has a higher density, greater hardness, and higher tensile strength than 6061 aluminum. That means it is stronger and more impact resistant, plus it gives the yoyo designer more flexibility for mass distribution when designing a yoyo. There are a few downsides. 7075 is a more costly alloy than 6061. Being a tougher material it takes more time to machine and wears out cutting tools faster, both which add even more to the cost of the yoyo. Finally, as the crystalline structure is denser and less porous than 6061, 7075 aluminum does not accept dyes as readily as 6061 does during annodization, sometimes resulting in rapid wear of the coloring on a 7075 yoyo if the annodization process in not completely in control.

To a yoyoer, 7075 is simply another material option in the modern yoyo marketplace, not necessarily better or worse than any other alloy, just different!

db

Valor

I did not realize that the majesty was 7075. No wonder it felt different than all my other throws.

1st run majesties were from 7075 with the exception of the purple mountain edition which is 6061. All of the 2nd run was made with 6061

Well Damn. I have no idea of what run mine is. Just know its a green clear badass version

I believe that’s a second run. I used to own one just like that :slight_smile:

Drainpipe, if that counts.

Al7 Aftershock

Big fan of the GZR Cascade, I also really enjoyed the Werrd Hour. I need to pick up another one of those soon.

I hate to admit it, but I’m sure the Draupnir got putsched by the Krown on the throne for me

I really enjoy the 7075 Chief.

Easy;

1. YYR Gleipnir/Sleipnir/Stargazer.
  2. GZR anything. :wink:

blink

Pulsefire
and Draupnir
Dosent get much better for its price :wink:

It has some advantages, but to say that is like comparing plastic to metal is an over-exaggeration, if is that much, basically all (or at least vast majority) high-end 7075 throws would outperform the high-end 6061 ones and is not.

Is quite easy to mention the best plastic that you can think of and compare it with a high end metal (i.e. any One Drop $100+ vs any plastic) and few or none will contest your opinion that the metal is better.

Now… how many 7075 throws can you tell that without any doubt are clearly better than the 6061 Turning Point Palpitation?

When there are 6061 and 7075 versions of the same yoyo available, some people prefer the 6061. :wink: Mainly because weight changes and they like the lesser weight of the 6061, but still… point being it’s not inherently superior.

Andy stated "except the difference isn’t as big
Also, if you are comparing 6065 and 7075 yoyos, comparing a palpitation to, lets say, a valor, is pretty unfair considering the palpitation is a bimetal.

If you wanted to actually make a valid point, you might want to even the grounds like:
Draupnir vs Palpitation

Bimetal doesn’t automatically make better either. I would stack the Valor up against a great many yoyos including bimetals.