What is the worst yoyo you own?

My biggest complaint, in my opinion, is lack of stability. Mind you, I’m not a super avid collector and this lack the experience of many others, but compared to my Jackknife, Sherpa, Skyva and First Base, it’s no bueno.

1 Like

I personally like the cyber crash. I learned banana turnover on one of those. But of course to each their own.

My least favorite yoyo was the qubit. I felt like to keep it stable, I had to do my tricks so carefully and felt like I had t rex arms doing them. If I let the yoyo swing out too far, it seemed it lost stability too quickly for me to compensate.

2 Likes

I’m kind of shocked by this! My arcade is dead smooth and stable. It was the organic that got me into organics!

5 Likes

Qubit is a great yoyo to pull off a short trick or two, like a double kwyjibo. I like it, but understand why you targeted it. Flaws and all, I find it fun because it’s unique.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I had a Duncan Mosquito (maybe I still do), and was not too excited by it. So light, just remember it didn’t play very well.

4 Likes

I remember when those were still being made people would take the caps off and put hex nuts in the wells to add some weight.

3 Likes

seriously it had a little chip in the bearing seat i filed it out but noe it vibes crazy

2 Likes

My lacquered one is my lightest at 42g.

3 Likes

Light fixies can perform great though, it depends on the design.

The white Oak Spinworthy Button is 40g and performs well. Kyle Nations loves his and said he wouldn’t change anything about it.

4 Likes

A wooden yoyo souvenir that someone gave me, and the two halves don’t match. One side is visibly, obviously smaller than the other. I know it’s meant to be cheap, but JEEEEZ

Unpopular opinion: the dv888 is fine? It’s a little on the old side, so you can do better for $30 now, but it’s not terrible. I still like mine.

5 Likes

My Natural Doc Pop Legend Wing comes in at 44g. They are all over the place. It’s all luck of the draw i guess and which baseball bat blanks are being used that day in the saw mill.

5 Likes

Does anyone know how long the axles last with moderate play? Has anyone worn out the axle?

2 Likes

That’s like asking “How many licks to the center of a Tootsie Pop”

10 Likes

Because you get bored trying, and just snap the axle?

6 Likes

String off… it’s probably close to 42.

White is the heaviest.

5 Likes

Well, I did it. I found the worst yoyo I own. The YYF Stainless Steel Whistling yoyo. Pretty sure I got this in a Mystery Box like 7 years ago or something? It’s so bad it’s actually fun LMAO

11 Likes

Heaven forbid a yo-yo existing for fun!

13 Likes

Yet another response confusing the sole purpose of what all yoyos are meant to be.

7 Likes

Heaven forbid a forum existing for discussion!

It probably stings a bit to see so many YYF mentioned, but for a company with the greatest variety, you’re bound to see a few make the list.

5 Likes