What is the number of back up yoyos you need in a contest?

so I want to compete in a contest but I don’t know how many BACK up yoyos I need can someone plz tell me how many to have

6 Likes

2 to be safe

7 Likes

I bring two. (Though I’ve never had to use them😉)
Edit: three

5 Likes

If you need more than 2 you should probably just take the L :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I only take 1 backup

5 Likes

If you have your tricks ‘wired’ and you have a calm and confident attitude and you are not going up on stage right after Gentry; 1 backup.

If you have not practiced much and your tricks are sad and you are shaking like a leaf and not one person in the crowd will cheer you on and you have to go up on stage Right after Gentry and they lost your music and you just finished 3 Red Bull’s and 4 Monster drinks and didn’t make a Pit stop before you go on stage; then better take 21 back up yoyos.

21 is a Lucky number… hope this helps🙀

14 Likes

All of them. Just in case you understand. And anything that glows in the dark. That, that could be handy, yea. Good luck dude!

2 Likes

1-1/2, to split the difference

1 Like

wow u so cool Jeremiah can i get an auto graph???

#fanboy

2 Likes

unless ur 4a

1 Like

Most of my friends are better competitors than I am, so I usually fake an arm injury and use one of them as a back up contestant. I don’t know how many yoyos they use, I think maybe 3.

3 Likes

Depends on how long your freestyle is. For a one minute sport, I would say 1 spare, maybe 2. You do lose time switching yoyos, so, it may be wise to practice switching out and getting back on track. Alternatively, if you get an axle knot that makes your yoyo responsive, you may just want to ride it out and do some responsive tricks.

4 Likes

By Jove he’s right! If the throw is say holstered on your shoulder than you wouldn’t have to run to the front Of the stage to grab your spare. Because that’s what everyone does is line up there spares At the foot of the stage. We might be On to something here. You could carry two spares on your shoulders and you could use a cw because it doesn’t count for 5a if you only do 1a tricks I do believe. I could be wrong though. But I don’t think so…

2 Likes

I only need 2 but I do bring 3 just in case

3 Likes

Also… I believe All the people in the audience should bring a case of backup yoyos.

Just in case the contestants suck bad and the crowd runs outta tomatoes.

:clown_face:

8 Likes

This.

2 Likes

har har

3 Likes

Thx man!

3 Likes

I usually just bring up 2. Or you can pull a Shingo Terada and bring up NONE! :smiley:

5 Likes

thanks everyone i will just bring 2 you all helped a lot

2 Likes