What is the most powerful yoyo you own?

What are you gonna do with the others whe downsizing your throw collection?

Tell me about the Collapsar. How do you find it?

1 Like

Going to have to say my Turning Point Alnilam takes the cake on this one. Just cant beat magnesium with stainless steel rims when it comes to power! The Turning Point Gaschika is pretty close behind it as well (smaller organic version) Heres both! :blush::ok_hand:

5 Likes

Motion Yoyo Kinetic is very powerful (and also an awesome v shape)!

5 Likes

Toss them in the trash like the worthless pieces of metal/plastic they are.

Kidding, I’ll sell them on here for dirt cheap since a majority of them were cheaper throws to begin with, keep the 6-7 I play and enjoy regularly, rinse and repeat. When I started throwing again last August I planned on collecting and finding throws I couldn’t in the past (nor could afford), but the more I’ve thrown the more I realize I don’t need that. A handful of my current favorites for the rotation and just consistently improving and finding my own style is where I’m at atm.

1 Like

Since you have a Kiwi, that’s the best comparison.

It’s just a better performing kiwi, and feels better in play because there’s no extra wall weight. The Kiwi forced itself into a 6061 monometal at 76g~ in order to replicate the Collapsar in monometal form, it wasn’t specifically designed as a monometal first. Because of this, the walls are thick on the Kiwi to meet the same weight a Ti Ring did for the Collapsar. I would argue that a 7075/7068 Kiwi would’ve been a better choice with all the weight stacked on the rims.

I personally like the Kiwi a lot, but there’s no reason to play one if you own a Collapsar imo.

I think other people would rather find a yoyo that “feels” good to them paired with performance that’s “enough” for whatever style they throw. But if you wanted pure performance, without any concern for how it “feels” in play, the Collapsar is the winner for me. Though, I’ve obviously not played every yoyo out there, I can’t see any of them (at their weight) being able to out perform the Collapsar.

edit: Hades, Evo Shutter, IQ, would also be on this list if I owned them.

7 Likes

Had Hades
output-onlinegiftools-1

Since when is one drop powerful

3 Likes

You should totally ship me some.:joy:

1 Like

Whether you find it similar or not, it’s a great throw and definitely a keeper. I seem to be in the minority here on how the TD measures up, but I find it to be heavier on the string and spins fantastically. Conversely, my Shutter, which I think weighs more and is a bit of an H shape, seems to constantly be straining to keep spinning.

I think the Grasshopper feels a little heavier on the string, but it’s not much to me. I’m continually impressed by the TD and how it compares. I’m sure there’s more powerful, weighty monos out there, but I don’t own them.

4 Likes

some that have already passed in my hands haha

1 - iYoYo Night Moves X
2 - Duncan GTR-JS
3 - Yoyopalace Answer
4 - iYoYo Pyro X (my fav throw for last 3 years/currently)
5 - YYR Chopsticks Gorilla
6 - Duncan Barracuda X
7 - C3 Galaxy Diver
8 - Duncan Barracuda (usacuda)
9 - GWAY Regulator
10 - JB Dunk Rebound

in order.

1 Like

The first proto of the monarch was ridiculous :joy:

I’d say centrifugal is my most powerful now.

4 Likes

If you’re still on the forums in a few months or so, maybe summertime (not a shot at you or anything, just within the little time I’ve been on here again I’ve noticed new people come and go quick at times), I will ship you my silver Duncan Torque. By that time if you’re still throwing you’ll probably have your basics down, some intermediate stuff, and you’ll most likely have your Ascent changed out to unresponsive and have your binds and such down. You’ll start to outgrow the beginner throws you have over time and will be looking for that first metal. I think the Torque would do just fine and I’d be more than willing to gift it to you.

1 Like

How long do you think itll take for me to go to unresponsive. I don’t think it’ll take me that long. Right? I could be wrong.

Can some one give me a standard definition of power when referring to a yoyo.

I understood power to be: how fast the throw can get to top speed spin and how long it can sustain said top speed spin.

So I have alway thought bi-metal with a heavier bi-metal rim when compared to the body would be some of the most powerful throws… then I was thinking…What about the bi-material class
( plastic with stainless rims ) would these be the most powerful because of the greater ratio difference between the plastic and metal?
Would any of the physics grads be willing to let me know if I am thinking of this in the correct way.

Saying all of this I have a mono metal H-Spin Gorylla D bearing that is just so powerful!
I hesitate to bind it when it still has the reved up power sound, it can hurt how it snaps back with so much power.

Just order one now. If you can throw a decent sleeper you’re good. By the time it gets to you, you’ll probably be able to throw straight enough to figure out a super basic bind. I accidentally bought one before I thought I was ready and I’m super glad I did.

1 Like

Yeah. I ordered 2. One o them is the Duncan Butterfly XT, and another is the ascent from brandon vu shop. And yoyodoc is sending me a snapback.

1 Like

What matters is where the weight is on a yoyo, there are monometals that can achieve outer rim bimetal-like weight distributions, see the Yoyofactory MVP. There are many different types of bimetals. A yoyo just being a bimetal doesn’t inherently mean that it’s pushing as much weight to the outer rim of the yoyo as possible.

Look at yoyos like the Edge or IQ that are choosing to use a midrim structure to sacrifice some raw performance/power to achieve a lighter and more agile playing yoyo. Bimetals aren’t inherently more rimweighted, bimetals are just useful for focusing where the designer wants to put the weight.

I see some people looking at a yoyo like the Kagerou/Haymaker X/Hydrogen Crash and thinking just because they have really wide looking steel rims that they’re super powerful. But those yoyos are all using thin steel rims which spread out that mass over a large amount of space, most of that space which isn’t actually on the outermost edge of the yoyo where it matters most for serious power. And if anything because of the way the rim is attached to the yoyo, where the rim connects to the body of the yoyo is probably where the majority of the mass from the steel rim is going to be focused. Those yoyos are using that rim structure effectively for their design goal, but that design goal is not to be the most dense/heavy/powerful yoyo possible.

A yoyo like the UNPRLD Flashback/SF Bliss/Sengoku Kenshin Kiwami might seem like they have small rims at a glance, but they’re actually being very smart about the placement of that steel rim. They’re using a small steel rim placed just at the outermost edge to concentrate the weight there. This is more effective for creating a more powerful design.

People also seem to just conflate total weight of a yoyo with being “powerful.” Which I don’t really understand, what matters is where that weight is located in the design, not just that the yoyo has it period. The TP Kiwi isn’t just good because it’s 76 grams, the Kiwi is good because it’s a solid design using that weight mostly well. If the Kiwi was 76 grams but packed that material all into the center of the yoyo it would suck. The Collapsar is just better because becoming a bimetal means it can move more weight out of the walls and into the rims. Heavier yoyos have more mass that can translate into longer spins, but it’s still the design of the yoyo that matters most. Look at the lightweight bimetals I previously mentioned (Flashback/Bliss/Kenshin Kiwami) or even classic icons like the Draupnir, they’re powerful because of how they’re using the weight that they have, not just because they inherently have weight.

6 Likes

Nice congrats! You’re about to have a lot of fun! The ascend is cool because it seems easy to switch between responsive and unresponsive. The butterfly xt was my first Yoyo and it’s sweet. It’s responsive but good for learning the basics and fun to throw like playing responsive is still super fun. Unresponsive is just so deep in how complicated tricks can go.

3 Likes

True, My butterfly XT was supposed to come in today but amazon is running late on packages. It said it’s supposed to be in at like 9:00PM. Im asleep by then.

1 Like

Very interesting how diverse some of these replies are.

But then again…. The question is not what is the most powerful yo-yo.

It’s what is the most powerful yo-yo ‘you own’.

…I didn’t even answer the question correctly. I listed 2 yo-yos. 2 yo-yos can’t be the most powerful I own.

:nerd_face:

1 Like