What is the Holy Grail yoyo?

THE PEAK IS MORE SOUGHT AFTER THAN A FIRST RUN YOYOJAM C’MON PEOPLE!.

Maddog

Grumpy

No need to shout.

It may be sought after, but the peak isn’t all that rare. There are always people selling them and although they go for high prices, they aren’t an elusive beast.

Depending on run size and frequency, the YYR Dazzler is going to be incredibly sought after and valuable. :slight_smile:

Yes these!!! especially the Pro Yo cold Fusion. I remember when that thing first came out. wowo its a gem and historic

The Gold Fusion was fine… but the LE Powdercoat Fusion GTs were awesome… and go for absolutely insane prices. I believe a complete set was sold a while back for $800 -per yoyo-.

The Killer Fusion would be a nice one.

The Frozen Fusion (1 of 1) would be nice too… had that offered to me a few times but they wanted far too much for it.

There is also a Nuke Bee GT Transitional out there that is unaccounted for (my bet is Dave Hall I suppose)… there were two that I know of. I had one, but sold it because I was in college and needed cash, so I know where that one is (and I desperately want it back some day).

Then there are the prototype ace rims. They snapped onto the ace body and you could slide them in/out to make it a full sized butterfly or imperial shaped yoyo. They made a few different sets… again I had a set at one time but I sold it because I needed cash.

…I could go on a long time about the proyo/playmaxx stuff.

Kyle

1 Like

So badly I have wanted a DBYY Gung-Fu…

For sure a Flores Yo-Yo. IMO that debunks most/all yoyos made in the 90s to present, but im not really an expert on the subject.

Well I completely understand what you mean but…

The reason the Jordan and Mantle cards are saught isn’t because of their value by any means. There are a lot of cards that are far more valuable but the players hype and sports dominance made everyone watch/talk/admire etc… People didnt keep cards in good condition when Mantle’s rookie was printed and Jordan’s Fleer rookie was just a hard card to get that had good centering and perfect corners.

I can see how the original peaks could be on the list but haven’t read enough about some of these others that are being mentioned yet to really grasp what they are. I have read up on some of the playmaxx yoyos and cold fusion. That one interests me too.

There are tons of Jordan/Mantle rookies all over the place but they are still the two most saught after cards by collectors. So it’s not just rarity or price because I’ve bought many Jordan rookies that weren’t mint and still had that collection completion feeling although I still wanted a better one but didnt have to have it by any means.

gold contest prize 401ks
like 20 of them or something

and the spingear 888s

Ace rims?!?! Are you sure you don’t mean Mongoose rims?

I assume the Killer Fusion was brick red, what about the frozen one, blue?

Also the nuclear Ace with glow powdercoat, I believe Dave had one.

Now that I think about it, I’ve never seen a Cold Fusion Isotope or Nucleus in person. I would love to know what those play like.

My personal Proyo Grail is the albino Stunt Pilot. It’s the closest I’ll ever get to having an albino Bee.

1 Like

I think it varies from person to person, therefore, there is no “Holy grail yoyo.”

Thanks for that info. I’ve looked for info on this and have never heard it referred to as a contest prize or number produced.

1 Like

Haha i’m going to go out on a limb and guess yoyobrothers.

Actually, based on the wording of the Original Subject… ’ What is the Holy Grail Yoyo’.

I immediately though,?, does he mean, 'What is My Holy Grail obsession, or what technically ‘is’ ‘thee’ Holy Grail of Yoyos?

No doubt any/all of us into yoyos, has that ‘one’ yoyo we would just Love to find in the BST. Especially for a low price(;-).

Maybe a Ti5 or a Hyperion for 200 bucks, lol. Or a Brand new in the box, Original Cold Fusion GT!

Depending on your age, your skill level, your budget, your material preferences(metal, wood, plastic, composite, hybrid, etc., your answers could vary Widely.

Depending on whether you look back into Yoyo history or your most important ‘Choice’ would be a More modern Holy Grail of a Yoyo. Again, you notice by the responses, the choices are all over the Place.

Even though I have a Serious number of yoyos, I don’t consider myself anything other than a Accidental Collector. I started Modding yoyos in 1998, but I never really did any ‘back research’ on the History of yoyo design. Not that it is not interesting. It was just that my Focus was on Hot Rodding the yoyos available at the time. I like the older yoyos just because they are so neat. And the thought that waaaaayback whenever, people just ‘had fun’ with the yoyos. They didnt whine about Vibe and Wobble and Stability, etc. they were too busy tring to do a trick or two before their a wooden axles ran outta gas, hahahaha.

When I hold and or stare at an Older yoyo, I can imagine seeing into the past and knowing people were having good clean FUN: no Internet, no Gameboy, no cell phones. Just simple Toys= fun

To me, the Holy Grail yoyo would be the Nostalgia by Shinobu. I can afford one. But I can’t justify 'affording one. So I don’t have one. But I still think and smile when the vision of that yoyo passes through my mind now and then.

I don’t Display yoyos in my House. My girl rules the house and I Rule the Garage. So my yoyos are mainly in File Cabinets in my Shop/garage. Not exactly a great place to Showcase Collectible yoyos.

Eric Wolff, Dave Shulte, Frank Difeo, Lucky, Yohans from YYF,etc., those guys Showcase some seriously Amazing Collections of Yoyos that go Waaaaaay back on the yoyo timeline. I don’t. Oh well.

That being said, to answer, technically, Thee Holy Grail Yoyo, in the eyes and minds of actual Yoyo Hardcore Collectors, I would say , something like the Flores Lightning would be the Centerpiece if a Serious Collection.

A good friend of mine told me that some people would consider Trading their entire Collection for a Specific Flores yoyo.

So, New school choice= Nostalgia. Old school choice= Flores Lightning.

Your results may vary

1 Like

im really trying to figure out who this yoyobrothers is, he has a ton of awesome yoyos and is the talk of many towns. 8)

My personal holy grail is a limited edition wrath that was sold here on YYE. It featured a black base with red, pink, and purple speckles. Similar to a bio bop but a different color scheme and was charged at the same price as the other wraths. There were only 4 or 5 made and I know who owns them and can’t seem to get this particular wrath off their hands. It’s a Yoyo I’ve been wanting for about a year.

How do the Flores yoyos play in general? It’s interesting that so many were probably thrown and beat to crap since they were just children’s toys way back then. I wonder if flea markets would be a place to track one of these down?

The China Peak. I want to touch it so bad…

heh I’m sort of bummed I passed on an opportunity to get some sparkle Cold Fusions (maybe powder coats too, don’t remember) and other Playmaxx stuff back in 2010. The prototype Ace rims are really cool, I have a set. I enjoy them just as much as a FH1 which is my favorite responsive yoyo. Might enjoy them more if I didn’t have to worry about one of them randomly flying off every now and then

Yeah there were Ace rims, they were a prototype thing. Never weighed the whole package but I’m sure it’s over 70g with the rims and the Ace

I’ve never owned/played a Nucleus and I’ve never played an original Isotope since the one I have is MIP (not fake mint in box like everyone on the BST these days, actually mint in package like a real collectible) but I’ve played my Isotope 2 and D2O quite a bit and to be honest I think the regular old Cold Fusion GT plays substantially better.

I haven’t acquired a new Playmaxx/Proyo item in years and haven’t tried but my holy grail is a Crow’d Fusion. There’s a ton of Playmaxx stuff I’d like to own one day though. A lot of it that I skipped the opportunity to purchase in 2010 and probably won’t have a chance to buy again as things find their way into collections they’re never leaving or are only exchanged at prices I would never consider paying.

Omg now that someone mentioned Daves collection… His cabinet is amazing. I asked him about it years back and he said he built it himself.

The fh pl