What is the game here with the new YYF Z-stack Catalyst?

they should bring back the G5
at least one final run who agrees

There is an entire thread about this.

Also, made in the UsA. Pretty pretty good.

Its coming back this year with a new design.

It’s a very nice yoyo, to be sure. I just bought a used one last week (the Augie Fash AYYC 2012 version) and have no complaints with it.

But I don’t know that I’d call it an underappreciated model. There are plenty of reviews, posts, youtube videos, etc., featuring the Catalyst. Nearly all favorable to the yoyo.

True, it’s not getting tremendous amounts of attention currently, but that’s simply because it’s been out for a while. With relatively few exceptions, the yoyos that get the spotlight are the new ones… sometimes the ones not even readily available through commercial channels yet.

FWIW, I was undecided as to whether I ought to buy the Catalyst, or a Di Base II. The Di Base II is a brand spanking new model, of course. But I went with the used Catalyst, on the theory that while the Di Base II may be a very good yoyo, it’s too soon for a consensus of opinion to have formed about it yet. Whereas the Catalyst’s reputation has already been well established. Plus, well, a new Di Base II would’ve run me about $60, delivered. While with the used, but excellent condition Catalyst represented a roughly $100 yoyo, which I was able to purchase for all of $35, delivered. (Gotta love the B/S/T forum, right?) Cheapskate that I am, I went for the bargain.

Anyway, given my skill level, either is more yoyo than I am a yoyoer. (The Catalyst is my first unresponsive yoyo. It’s a bit of a change from my old YYJ Big Kahuna or Team Losi Silver Series Cherry Bomb.)

They should bring the g5 cuz it’s sort of like the stacked catalyst but smaller

I got a stacked catalyst it is great but I find it plays a little heavy with z’s so I usually keep nubs on it.

I loved this yoyo. I played with it yesterday and it is the perfect shape, perfect paint jobs (I played with the black with neon yellow Z-Stacks. It looks like the Batmobile!) Though, it is a whopping 72 grams, I found out heavy yoyos are great for me, but that’s just what I prefer. It’s got a Kon-Kave (TM by Dif-E-Yo) bearing that is great. The Z-Stacks are fun, too.

It’s just plain fun. The regular grinds are good, I feel safe using the Z-Stacks for hopping the yoyo onto your finger. That is very fun! I think they should’ve made a GLOW Version with black Z-Stacks Or a Splash. It’s not exactly a free-style yoyo. The slack tricks are Very fun. Yoyofactory should just slap on some Z-stack on, maybe, the H.O.T. or the D.N.A. (even though it has the Hubstacks, they should have a option for Z-Stacks) or even the MVP 2 (that might not be a great idea, but who knows!)

All in all it’s a great yoyo, and It is just a fun yoyo to mess with!

-Zort Commander

Yep, I’m just looking forward to the redesigned throws that they are making this summer - can’t WAIT to see the new supernova!

You can put Z-Stacks on a DNA ;).

The stacked catalyst does not come with a Dif-E-Yo KonKave. It comes with a flat YYF spec bearing.

Another store states that the red and blue versions have center tracks while the black and purple have flat bearings. My black one came with a spec x.

[/quote]
You can put Z-Stacks on a DNA ;).
[/quote]
Yes, I do realize this. But they should give you the option to give it z-stacks, free of charge!

Oh. When I went to the yo-yo store around me, It had a Kon-Kave bearing. Musta put one in there. I will take note of that!

Yes, I realize this. But they should have the option to have Z-Stacks on it Free of Charge!

Sorry about so many things by me. I’m new to this!

I got to try the prototype supernova. It plays heavier, and I like it better.

We all had those moments…

better than the new one?

i think he meant he got o try the “new” supernova proto.

In this case, I think he says he likes the prototype for the new supernova better than the latest 2012 ED.