What is in your opinion the best yoyo

All my yoyos are equal, but my endgame is more equal.

4 Likes

Edolass is definitely one of the best.

1 Like

stevejspins made me think🤔

‘Good at what’?

Since I didn’t state exactly what an Artemis is ‘good for what’ … my opinion draws no specific worthwhile conclusion.

So why have an opinion?

We should just hide in the closet and guess what is good for what.

5 Likes

What did the DV888 do to hurt you so bad? Where’s all this anger coming from? It’s not the best or my favorite, but it does yo-yo things just fine.

9 Likes

Wow, that is a very good write up on the Unspoken Artemis. I will be on the lookout on when this thing shows up again. I remember someone in the forum also mentioned the Artemis is really, really good.

2 Likes

The Duncan Butterfly is objectively the best yo-yo. It has sold the most, and I’m guessing made the most money out of all yo-yos. So that makes it the best, right?

2 Likes

Best yoyo? How can you actually know until you’ve played them all? I’ll get right on it! :smiley:

5 Likes

“We are only what we hate.” :wink:

4 Likes

Haters Gonna Hate @codinghorror

3 Likes

non Specific answers have little value.

Pointless text extracted/redacted/whatever

1 Like

As was said, “best at what?”

Some people love the organic shaped yo-yo’s not because they are best, but the best at offering a different experience.

What’s laid back and leisurely for one is heavy and sluggish for another.

duncan imperial

1 Like

A DV888 killed my father, in a tragic surprise bind incident.

7 Likes

this is why I would not get a DV888

1 Like

PLOT TWIST:

@codinghorror secretly loves the DV888 more than he loves any other yo-yo on the planet.
He only talks negatively about them in a desperate attempt to drop the prices of them on the aftermarket where he can then buy them on the cheap.
He has a hoard of hundreds of them hidden away in a secret room in his attic.

6 Likes

It’s true, I was the attic

3 Likes

How many fingers did it have? Was it 6?

6 Likes

Precisely the one I like most about my collection, my first metal, my first yoyo bearing and this promotional video from dv888, I know Ann

2 Likes

Manufacturers today have gotten good enough at their craft that the “best” is truly a matter of personal taste now. Even back when I re-energized my interest in the hobby back around 2012 or so, you could probably find a more definite answer (e.g. YYJ Dark Magic (1 or 2), Speeder, or the YYF 888 for the intermediate to advanced player), but there would still be a lot of personal taste involved.

I think for a lot of players, they have a collection, whether small or large, that they choose from for different reasons depending on how they feel at the time and what they want to practice. That’s why when a question like this is posed, you see a lot of responses like “Whatever you’re throwing at the time.” Every yoyo has its own strengths and weaknesses, it’s part of their charm and part of the joy of yoyoing.

I think it’s worth noting that the guts may have as much or more to do with the yoyo’s performance than whether it’s a modern H-shape or a classic organic shape or made of Acetal plastic or titanium or is the latest from CLYW or an old discontinued classic from YoyoJam. Putting a good bearing, proper response system, and a good string on a yoyo is a lot like using a good reed, mouthpiece, and ligature for a saxophone. They can give you good performance even on a cheap product.

Disclaimer: There are a few yoyos that most anyone serious about the hobby will say are objectively bad (and it is probably easier to identify these than it is to identify the best), but they are so few and far between that I don’t find them worth mentioning.

4 Likes

Well said. Perfectly explains how good yoyos are now!

3 Likes