What film/movie/series did you last watch?

Schitt’s Creek (Netflix) - hilarious, drawl, perfect!

Russian Doll (Netflix) - dark, funny, crass, morbid, all aces!

2 Likes

If you like smart innuendo humor with dark undertones, check out Fleabag on Amazon.

For more dark humor, take a look at the show Happy!

1 Like

While I can agree that the prequels had their own plot lines, they were also individualistic in nature, whereas 4-6 felt like a continuous storyline, same with 7-9. I just really hate what they did to anakin (whiny emo boy) and Jar Jar Binks.

All I hear about the Mandalorian is that it is amazing. I should be starting it by the end of next week, cause I’m getting a free 3mo sub to disney+

will do! i think Russian Doll is one of the best series i’ve watched since the first season of the 3% which was also very dark. russian doll gets progressively darker and morbid, and at times grueling. it was a real good watch

2 Likes

agreed. If you really like that type of media, also check out Brazil. Terry Gilliam’s dystopian future. Let me put it this way if you haven’t seen it; They made two endings to the movie, a happy one and a depressing one. The depressing ending makes it a good movie. Another by Terry Gilliam (which I want to watch, but haven’t been in the mood for it) is Zero Theorem. A spiritual successor to Brazil, we follow a mathematician charged with a simple task; prove that “zero must equal 100%”.

More dark humor movie; Going Down. All the guy wants to do is give his boy a birthday present on his birthday.

these all sound fantastic… i’m in!

TV: I’ve got 12 seasons of Big Bang Theory on blu-ray. Finishing up season 11 so it is about done. Following it was a rewatch of Babylon 5 on CD. Ironically, a show that Sheldon does not like.

Movies: Just watched Phases 1, 2 and 3 of the Marvel movies. Next up, a rewatch of the Born movies.

1 Like

I think it was ‘Falling Down’ with M.Douglas?

Another dark humor was ‘Super’. Graphic and didn’t rate well but I laughed plenty. Also, ‘God bless America’ & ‘Worlds Greatest Dad’ with Robin Williams.

Dark, not much humor was ‘Running Scared’, with Paul Walker. Pretty brutal but also the news before it made the news on some points. Not the 80’s buddy cop movie with the same title, with Gregory Hines/Billy Crystal, which was also good.

I thought the Mandalorian was awful. Just so much dumb and pointlessness. Although the last episode did poke fun at how stupid and fan referential it was so maybe I’m just missing the point? Probably, ha.

Loved that one and Space Balls.

The Office. seen it once, watching it again with my little brothers, since they are old enough.

1 Like

How only once lol

2 Likes

so true.

Episode 6 of the Mandalorian as far as series goes.
20 minutes into Star Wars Episode 1 and had to put it aside, could only handle so much Jar Jar Binks…

I just finished Watching season 5 of Chuck, that rounds out my top 3 TV shows ever (next to Monk and Psych) loved it.

1 Like

Just finished Bojack )’: deffo top 5 best shows for me. I also just started umbrella academy, so far really unique??

Watched Lion King 2019 the other night…Not sure how I felt about it, considering I grew up with the animated classic…The remake (de-make?) just felt like it was going through the motions and lacked character.

Watched Dune (1984) yesterday.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that

2 Likes

Why? The fact that i watched it yesterday is not an evidence of me not ever watching it before :smiley:

Just joshing with you.

Looking forward to the new Dune film later this year?

1 Like