What film/movie/series did you last watch?

Killer bean forever. it was… it was a movie…

1 Like

have you seen end game, homecoming, and captain marvel before hand

1 Like

Yes I have. Far From Home just has tons of plot holes and almost every aspect of the movie falls apart when you think about it for more than a second. And even ignoring the fact that the plot doesn’t make any sense to begin with, it’s just not a good movie structurally. Absolutely nothing happens to move the plot forward for like the first half hour of the movie, and there are a bunch of scenes that add nothing to the movie.

Also Mary Jane is the worst interpretation of that character. She’s just a condescending jerk.

1 Like

I personally would rather them be a little creative with a couple characters than redo them the same way that they have already been done in one or two of the other Spider-man movie series and just wondering, can you name the plot holes that you noticed specifically? I like to defend movies rather than poke holes in them that aren’t there :grin: :wink:

2 Likes

The holograms do whatever the plot needs them to do at any time and at whatever scale and range the movie needs at the time.

Stark had this technology tucked away this whole time and nobody knew about until now. How convenient.

The movie needs Peter to not have Iron Spider suit for the movie to work, so they come up with a convenient excuse for him to not have it.

Stark conveniently doesn’t put in a fail safe mechanism to prevent Peter from giving edith to anyone else.

Peter gives Edith away that easily even though it was Tony’s dying wish for him to take over. Doesn’t take time to think about it, just hands it over.

Nick Fury, who is incredibly paranoid, resourceful and thorough didn’t check into Mysterios background and find out he was full of crap. He somehow fell for all of this stuff because the movie needed him to. Nick Fury in any other movie would not have been tricked like that.

They choreographed and rehearsed and animated all the Elemental battles and did so so perfectly nothing went wrong when executing them? Nobody happened to be inside the area of projection to see it was fake?

He just happens to have predicted that he would have to have an illusion projection choreographed and ready for fighting Peter the first time?

Stark was allowed to have weaponized satellites orbiting earth?

After all of his mistakes in Homecoming, Stark is willing to trust Peter with Edith? He doesn’t say wait until he’s 18 or something? How convenient.

1 Like

Watched Joker and Ford vs Ferrari recently.
Joker was a bit painful to watch, but it had a lot to say.
I thought Ford vs Ferrari was amazing in all regards.

2 Likes

We watched the third of the Narnia movies, Dawn Treader. The kids and I have been reading the books, then watching the movies afterward, and enjoying it all thoroughly. Dawn Treader was very different from the book in structure and tone, but still good. We’re done with the newer movie versions, so I think we’ll try the 80s BBC ones.

1 Like

Did they do all the books on the BBC?

I think just the first four books. They were TV serials.

1 Like

just watch doctor strange for the 80th time and its still my favorite marvel film

5 Likes

I have the books and have seen the BBC series and the 2005 version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Have always enjoyed them.

3 Likes

Just watched the Garth Brooks: Road I’m On Documentary. I am blown away by how big he was/is.

According to the RIAA, he is the best- selling solo albums artist in the United States with 148 million domestic units sold , ahead of Elvis Presley, and is second only to The Beatles in total album sales overall. He is also one of the world’s best- selling artists of all time , having sold more than 170 million records .

Yeah him and Metallica are the two bands / artists that most people don’t think of as “that big” but they have sold an obscene number of records in total…

1 Like

Glass( 2018) ehhh after waiting a very long time for this I thought it could have been better, unbreakable and split we’re better

2019 was a great year for movies. Here’s how I’d rate the ones I saw:

Captain Marvel 3.5/5

Shazam! 3.5/5

Detective Pikachu 3.5/5

Avengers: Endgame 4.5/5

Aladdin 4/5

Dark Phoenix 3/5

MIB International: 2/5

Spider-Man Far From Home 4/5

Joker 4/5

Ford v Ferrari: 5/5

Jumanji The Next Level 4.5/5

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: 3.5/5

The Irishman 4.5/5

Knives Out 5/5

2 Likes

When did Knives Out come out? Living on an island in the middle of the pacific means short straws on the movie theater.

Did see the latest Star Wars. I feel it is by far the best pile o’ crap of 7, 8, and 9 (but all those three are much better than 1, 2, and 3).

1 Like

i just finished atypical on netflix!

1 Like

Knives Out came out in December, but I saw it a few days ago. A masterpiece IMO
I thought TFA was the best of this bunch of Star Wars movies

We will have to agree to disagree. For me, it was way to close to A New Hope, with (in my opinion) a worse storyline and worse characters. I find that with these “main” Star Wars movies, they are trying way to hard to make a good movie and failing to do so, instead of simply making a star wars movie. I’ll watch every star wars movie that comes out, and so far since Disney acquired the franchise, I’ve been more hopeful for good movies, but also disappointed. They are better than the prequels, and visually they look really fancy.

Recently I got friends to watch Ice Pirates. Look it up. The premise is exactly what you think when you hear Ice Pirates. They are pirates, they pirate for ice…in space. It is one of the best terrible cult classic b-movie from the 80s there is. Throughout the watching, they are all groaning at the lines, the action, and the “special effects”, but by the end of the movie, they liked it.

1 Like

I agree with the first part, but to say the sequel trilogy is better than the prequels is a stretch IMO. The prequels at least had their own plot lines. These last 3 are just 4, 5, and 6 watered down and more worried about pandering.

Disney did, however, do an amazing job with The Mandalorian season 1