What film/movie/series did you last watch?

Super 8 was one of my favorite movies, the placement of that one “word” towards the end of the movie always kills me lmao.

2 Likes

I literally saw this the day before yesterday and I already don’t remember what you’re talking about.

2 Likes

when the guy faints.

1 Like

David Bowie: Finding Fame. New documentary on Showtime. If you are a fan I highly recommend. Tons of early pics and video I’ve never seen.

3 Likes

Just watched the final episode of season 3 of A Handmaid’s Tale.
Also almost through with season 4 of breaking bad.

This show was awesome. Way better than I had expected!

My friends loved this movie and were all hyped about it.
I only made it halfway through before turning it off out of boredom.

4 Likes

Just finished Longmire, I really liked everything until the last season, but the finale… lmao that was bad.

2 Likes

Just finished Money Heist haha

1 Like

Watched the trailer to ‘Slacker’ on VUDU since I had never seen it before.

2 Likes

Just finished S2 of Dark on Netflix. Awesome. I liked stranger things, but Dark pulled me away in the middle of watching the current season.

3 Likes

Star Trek V, didn’t expect to like it because I don’t like old movies that much but it was surprisingly a lot of fun.
Also rewatched Aquaman. The writing felt a little silly on the second watch, but the cgi was awesome.

3 Likes

watched Hobbs and Shaw on saturday, it was amazing, as expected.

5 Likes

Just watching “the 100”. Really liking that series lol

2 Likes

Do you feel the way I do that the reboot was better when Davies was running things.

I feel since Davies left I’m only watching still out of respect, not out of being excited to watch them.

I also feel the same way about any Star Wars that isn’t Episode IV thru VI.

1 Like

I’m on the fence here. Some of my absolute favorite episodes and characters came when Davies was running things. Just such good storytelling. But there’s also a lot to like in the post-davies era.

It ends up being really hard to compare eras in Dr Who I think. It so depends on when you started watching, who you were as a person when you first connected with the show, whe you knew about the actors previously, and all that. If you are 60, you’ve got memories of the early doctors that those of us who started watching with the 2005 reboot can’t ever understand. Newer fans look at the old BBC production values and can’t see how those shows could be better than Tennant or Calipari or whoever. I love Donna Noble as a companion, but UK fans who knew Catherine Tate before she was on the show have pre-formed opinions that are hard to get away from.

But at the end of the day, I think that’s the big strength of the show. There are so many places and ways to enter and connect with its universe. Debates about writing-quality aside, there’s not a lot of difference between liking the Simpsons during season 4 and liking them in season 24. That can’t be said for Dr Who.

1 Like

Donna Noble is now my favorite companion. Tbh I didn’t care for her when the season was new. It was only after watching the series again that I felt she was the best one.

1 Like

Sci-fi shorts on youtube…
dust

finte films

2 Likes

Oh did you watch the Alien anniversary short films on YouTube? If you like sci-fi shorts try those, they were quite good!

3 Likes

No disprespect to those who dig new Who, I just personally find it so difficult to enjoy. Saying that I watched Blink recently which I thought was a mighty fine stand alone story but anything of that calibre is so few and far between with the show.

I am 36 and was too young to remember the original series until it went off air in 1989 however I am growing my collection of Classic Who on dvd and blu-ray. The classic series is right up my street, I personally love that fact that the pacing is really slow, it allows atmosphere and the story to develop. I always thought the rebooted series was Who for people with ADHD. I’ve also recently been really getting into the Big Finish audio dramas, especially those featuring Paul McGann as the 8th Doctor

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll have to look those up.

2 Likes

Just watched Far From Home and it was awful and most of the movie made no sense or was plot contrivances