What film/movie/series did you last watch?

Anyone else a fan of The Handmaid’s Tale?
Just watched the latest episode and damn! It’s SOOOO good!!

1 Like

I’m a few episodes behind

2 Likes

Euphoria on HBO is the most triggering show I’ve seen in a long while

1 Like

I’ve tried watching both Fantastic Beasts and Venom recently and shut them both off partway through,

Fantastic Beasts was uninspired trash and Venom turned into generic action scenes and bored me.

I watched Shazam recently though and thought it was better than anything Marvel has done except maybe Homecoming.

I like some of the Marvel stuff but honestly most of them are the same story with different characters switched in. I think the standouts are probably Iron Man 3, Homecoming (haven’t seen far from home), the first Guardians, and Infinity War (haven’t seen Endgame) Maybe Winter Soldier. FWIW I liked the Tobey Maguire films more than most Marvel movies.

For reference, some of my favorite movies are The VVitch, The Warriors, anything by Wes Anderson, most of Quentin Tarintino’s stuff, most of John Carpenter’s stuff, anything by Miyazaki.

1 Like

Neon Genesis Evangelion on Netflix. Legendary show, one of my all time favorites. Got me through college.

1 Like

I made a list of all the movies I remember seeing and I rated those that I remembered:

2 Likes

John Wick and Inception, both were really good, but Inception really blew my mind.

5 Likes

Yeah Inception is a modern Sci-Fi classic, everyone should see that.

4 Likes

Midway through season 2 of Breaking Bad.
Tried watching the show years ago and couldn’t get into it.
Now I can’t get enough!

3 Likes

Recently:

Inception (for the first time, not bad!)
Invasion Of The Blood Farmers (I was hoping this would be a little more crazed a la I Drink Your Blood)
Sunday In The Country (fantastic Canadian made exploitation film from 1974 featuring Ernest Borgnine protecting his grand daughter by tormenting some bank robbers on the run who decided maybe his farm was the best place to hide form the law)
Spiderman: Far From Home (Saw this yesterday at the cinema and I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had watching it! Also always fun to see how Americans represent Europeans in cinema)

2 Likes

Just finished the Chernobyl HBO series. :scream:

Really well done, treated like the real-life horror story that it is. There are plenty of horror or fantasy films and series that depict archaic technology to make the audience squirm at creepy old brutal ways of doing things. In Chernobyl, it was exactly the reliance on outdated tech (the reactor design, lack of proper protective gear in the aftermath) and ways of doing things (the state projecting an image of power and control at all costs) that created and perpetuated this disaster.

4 Likes

Just watched Shazam and started on the series The Boys. Shazam I didnt care for, just to corny for me to like a whole lot. The Boys on the other hand, is a great show. Super brutal though.

3 Likes

Chernobyl was pretty amazing, I both love and hate how short it was.

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking of watching this, and I think it might finally be time.

2 Likes

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse
Super good movie. Has all sorts of great animation, music, and cinematic value. I appreciate that it held my toddler’s attention as well, and he’s wanted to watch it with me over and over. A wonderful reprieve from the usual (Incredibles over… and over… and over…).

Also watching Blown Away on Netflix. IDK anything about glass blowing but it’s a pretty neat show and the episodes are quick without all the usual competition show drama.

2 Likes

Rewatching Dr Who (2005 reboot to now, not the old school) with the kids.

So many good stories in there.

4 Likes

The Boys - SO GOOD. It’s super rough but really fun. They push some boundaries on that one. I love Butcher’s colloquialisms!

4 Likes

I went to see the new Lion King in cinema,it was amazing! the original animated movie was one of my childhood treasures. i cried 3 times! first the beginning , i was so in awe, because they actually made it look like the original from 1994. the second time I cried was when Mufasa died, and last when Mufasa’s ‘spirit’ appears to Simba.

also curently watching Hemlock Grove season 3. I already finished the first and second season.
good series, if you can handle gore and blood that is!

earlier this week me and my mom watched 'the sorcerer’s apprentice" with Nicolas Cage, my mom’s favorite actor :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Terminator 2, Predators, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Wolverine

1 Like

Saw Logan, MI Rogue Nation (both awesome), and Super 8 (recommend for Stranger Things fans)

2 Likes