What film/movie/series did you last watch?

For reasons that would not be suitable for discussion in this current setting.

2 Likes

I just looked at the IMDB parent’s guide, whopping nope.

1 Like

I don’t understand exactly what the issue is with The Witch/VVitch. Is it disturbing in some ways? Sure, but more in a creepy way and definitely not because of gore or extreme violence. In that regard it’s really tame compared to some more popular “horror” films.

I put horror in quotes because I think scary movies based on being disgusting or based on jump scares are made by hack frauds and are terrible examples of filmmaking.

2 Likes

Everyone’s recommending the VVitch, so I’m gonna watch it tonight! After midnight feels the most appropriate :grimacing:

2 Likes

I think as long as everyone follows the MPAA ratings guide… G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17 we’ll be OK?

3 Likes

And @codinghorror I personally do not enjoy watching movies about witches/witch stuff. They make me uncomfortable.

2 Likes

It’s not real Chad

except maybe it is

3 Likes

What’s not real?

2 Likes

To each their own of course but I find it utterly fascinating. It seems to be a theme in most of my favourite films (if not witch craft then certainly anything occult or black magic)

Big nope for me. I guess I’m just sensitive. These aren’t subject matters that I take lightly.

3 Likes

Ok fair enough!

1 Like

Yeah Ex Machina was so eerie, but in a completely believable “this is probably what the future looks like” kind of way. Haven’t seen it since it came out, might have to watch it again soon.

Also have to disagree. Some clichés in there, but I think that gave it even more of an 80s movie feel for me. I liked it better than season 2 at least.

VVitch was great, but definitely understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

5 Likes

Dude yes. The correlations between “Blue Book” and Google are impossible to miss. Especially seeing how once you are a part of the Google network, Google basically learns from you and everything you input into it. It’s most obvious by a custom-tailored ads that Google comprises just for you, but I’m sure it has much deeper reaching implications.

And as advanced as quantum computing and robotics has gotten recently, it wouldn’t be entirely impossible for something like this to come to fruition.

The internet is an extremely valuable resource that is bound to be capitalized on in some form or another in the future.

2 Likes

I was watching a documentary that said data has surpassed oil as the #1 sought after commodity in the world. Dunno how true that is, but it sure sounded good lol. Really makes you think though about the willingness of people to just openly share everything about themselves and their children on social media.

3 Likes

I know! I’m seriously considering deleting my entire social media presence. But, I don’t know how much good that would actually do by this point.

I did that about 4 years ago, although I was only on Facebook back then. Seeking yo yo knowledge basically sucked me right back into social media. Lol

2 Likes

Yeah anything you’ve ever posted is on some server somewhere anyways. I think just not having Facebook is a good step. Instagram is way less personal imo

2 Likes

Yeah, but FB owns Instagram lol

2 Likes

Finished the OG Bourne trilogy, it was awesome.

2 Likes

If you liked Ex Machina (the movie, not the yo-yo, though that is awesome too) I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend that you watch “Upgrade” (2018).

2 Likes

If only it were available to rent somewhere!

1 Like