What film/movie/series did you last watch?

me too as a fan of spidy and of the multi verses I loved it

2 Likes

Watched this the other day by myself in a theater 1000 miles away from home. Definitely worth a watch especially if you love the Beatles.

3 Likes

Just finished stranger things s3.

My heart… :sob:

5 Likes

Just finished it. I need more!

3 Likes

One Piece FTW
Also just watched Spider-Man a couple days ago and it’s actually pretty enjoyable

2 Likes

Finished Stranger Things Season 3 a few days ago (awesome), also saw Kingsman: The Secret Service (just ok…), and last night I saw The Bourne Identity (awesome)

2 Likes

Finished Stranger Things 3 (hated it) saw Quantum of Solace (just okay) Started The Henry Cavill Man from Uncle but it was really boring and awkward so I stopped it.

3 Likes

We’ll just have to agree to vehemently disagree

2 Likes

SPOILER WARNING EVERYONE

Hopper died, but didn’t really die, so what was the point in him dying?
The slug took away El’s powers, but if S4 happens then it didn’t, so why did it happen?
LGBT Wasn’t a big thing in the 80’s at all, and yet the relationship that was built up for the whole season didn’t happen because for some reason, the Duffer brothers (who claim to be christian) decided to ruin the purpose of Steve’s character and make Robin- Wierd?
The Wheeler family is a wreck, the Mom isn’t committed to her husband, Nancy is sleeping with Jonathan, and Mike is taking advantage of Eleven, who was raised in a lab for 12 years and is now being raised by a drunkard and a hormonal teenager (by the end of the show both are forced away from her) leaving her a misguided, helpless, 4 year old in a teen’s body. Joyce is terrorized throughout the entire series, losing her son, having him be possessed, watching her boyfriend being eaten, not-really-killing her new boyfriend (who was El’s dad btw). Will is also- wierd? Half the town is dead and most of the hub of the town was abandoned because of the mall, the gate is open AGAIN (after being opened again during the season) Max is a wreck, her brother died, her best friend moved away. I’m gonna stop my rant now because it goes on for quite a while.

2 Likes

Yeah this season was just… not good. It was a mish-mash of cliches and tropes. I won’t call it ‘bad’ but it wasn’t good.

3 Likes

I don’t really like your reasons, but I guess we’ll just have to agree to VERY vehemently disagree.

Said fact about 1980s is incorrect I believe
I will have to agree with @codinghorror that there were some pretty messy cliches, but what I enjoyed the most was the characters.

1 Like

Um, I don’t wanna “that guy” but I was saying that the lifestyle wasn’t widely endorsed in the 80s at all, Freddy Mercury was but no one really talked about it until the 90s-2000s, I was saying that the writers went really out of their way to appease a small minority.

2 Likes

I liked some of the 3rd season of Stranger Things…hated all the relationship drama stuff though. Not my cup of tea at all.

Also, I’m midway through the first season of Fargo and pretty hooked!

4 Likes

Yes but individuals from the LGBT community still existed in the 1980s lol. There was no “lifestyle” for the community presented in the show, only acknowledgement of the existence of said minority.

2 Likes

Ex Machina.

The last time a movie got under my skin this bad, was the Truman Show when I was 7 years old. I feel creeped out. Like, I want to completely get off of social media/Google/smartphones creeped out.

8 Likes

I really enjoyed that one.

I highly recommend The VVitch.

4 Likes

That’s a good movie. Really strange but good.

2 Likes

That’s a big nope from me. I saw the trailer and it feels like it’s one of those kinds of movies that I shouldn’t be watching.

4 Likes

That you shouldn’t be watching? Why?

Give it a go! It is utterly brilliant!

2 Likes

As others have said there was still an LGBT community in the 1980s (and before)

Thank heavens people are gradually starting to accept it

4 Likes