What's a good show or movie you have seen on Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc.. lately?

I trust my fellow yoyoers judgement, and I need something to watch.

7 Likes

You should check out Arcane on Netflix… The 1st season came out in 2021… The 2nd season comes out later this year I believe

It’s start to finish incredible

4 Likes

I been watching the new season of true detective on hbo. Idk nothing like a good murder mystery.

1 Like

Just finished watching Griselda on Netflix last night. Definitely recommend.

Edit: Just realized you said “movie”. Last one I saw was Saltburn on Prime. It’s an interesting watch, for sure.

1 Like

Midsommar, absolutely incredible. Also, Parasite, a Korean movie is another great movie I’ve enjoyed recently. Not really a movie guy but I loved those

9 Likes

Just included show to the title, thank you!

1 Like

ari aster movies are something else, beau is afraid has to be my favorite by a long shot though

7 Likes

midsommar was the first movie ive seen from them, absolutely bananas lol

6 Likes

I went in blind and had no idea it was a horror movie. It was an experience.

2 Likes

idk if i’d consider midsommar a horror movie, but its definitely not pleasant lol.

what did you think?

1 Like

Do you want just the new ones or anything goes? :wink:

1 Like

Check out my Serializd, I rank and keep track of my favorite shows and rank them by tiers. If you haven’t seen anything in my S or A tier… they are MUST watches.

2 Likes

Word. But where are The West Wing and The Newsroom? Also Succession deserves the S tier :wink:

4 Likes

I thought it was great! I love happy endings :grin:

1 Like

glad you enjoyed it, i’m going to watch it again here soon. one of the few movies ive watched where i wasnt like “oh this is gonna happen” then it does. i was on the edge of my seat the whole time (i dont watch a lot of movies, so dont take that comment too seriously lol))

2 Likes

im so glad you have barry and you in D tier lol

2 Likes

Added to the watchlist! I’ve only seen West Wing in bits and pieces, and probably over a decade ago, so it deserves a proper rewatch. Succession is modern S-Tier IMO, but for me personally it just can’t touch some of the prestige era TV like Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men. I grew up watching some of those on TV and not binging them though so I’m more… “sentimentally” attached to them I guess? lol. Succession is also pretty much the only show I’ve seen where NO main characters are likeable, but then you start to like them only because they are so unlikeable. Not a negative thing, it’s just interesting to me cause I haven’t seen a show where that’s been the case before. Other shows are more easily to me accessible when they have a good mix of likeable and unlikeable characters. Besides Better Call Saul, I do think it is by far the best made show to come out post-prestige TV era.

LMFAO you’re actually one of the only people to agree with me on this :skull:

Everyone’s always like, “WHAT? You don’t like Barry?” and I just gotta tell em: I"ve never seen a show start out SO great and end SO bad. First season was totally awesome, 2nd was good, 3rd was mid and weird and 4th was just TRASH.

And yeah I don’t feel like I need to justify my opinion on “You” lmao

1 Like

hard agree on everything you just said lol, especially not needing to justify you. my gf watches that show a lot and i just leave the room lol

the only place we disagree is seinfeld should be S-tier. one of, if not the only, sitcom to not get worse with age. the content is timeless, the situations are always relatable, the characters suck you in, and the lack of any technology beinga focus of the show how hardly gives it a chance to date itself (except for the voicemail tape episode lol)

I have this weird mental block on putting any comedies in S-tier and trust me I KNOW that’s weird :joy:

You’ll notice my S tier is all dramas. They are just absolute MASTERWORKS that provide the story, emotion and depth that no comedy can give me. It just feels WEIRD to put Seinfeld up there with Sopranos or The Wire, ya know? It’s like mixing wagyu filet minon from Mastros and your most favorite pizza or something. Both are so incredibly good, just very, very different.

That said, anything Larry David does is S tier to me. Maybe I should make the lists more specific, like S-tier dramas, and S-tier comedies. Cause pretty much all the comedies on my A tier would move up to the S tier comedies. I’ve been thinking about making more specific lists anyways - cause like, where do you put a show like Dexter that started out fantastic and just became… unwatchable? I need a “Fell Off” category :skull:

I know you’re a busy dude but would love to see your tier ranking too king.

1 Like