What's a good show or movie you have seen on Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc.. lately?

Nobody mentioned Ozark! I have a habit of not finishing shows at this point so Ive only seen the first season or two.
Also for something recent The Brothers Sun was pretty good.

2 Likes

honestly my visual media pallet is so shallow it wouldnt be a very good tier list lol. i dont watch a lot of tv or movies to begin with, and the shows i do watch are typically comedy or cartoons. like futurama, bojack horseman, and seinfeld would be S Tier for a small reference lol. team america world police is my favorite movie for crying out loud LOL

1 Like

Anything goes

Slow Horses on apple + was pretty good! We just binged that.

Try the full series 1-6 I think of this awesome story “ Breaking Bad” or the original full length “Dune” or at a personal level you may enjoy “CODA” another good watch…
R

1 Like

Saltburn is such a vibe of a movie. I get cult classic feelings like pulp fiction and clockwork orange feelings from it.

1 Like

Dark has a solid bingeable 3 seasons on Netflix too. Cool concept for a show, but hard to say much without spoiling the ending. But if you do watch it you should check out this site which is a cool visual to use as you go through the series. DARK | The Official Guide | NETFLIX

1 Like

Barry was great and your both wrong

2 Likes

Netflix
band of brothers and hack saw ridge, the pacific, dune, The Matilda musical,
everything everywhere all at once,
The good place and better call Saul , the umbrella academy
One of the few shows my wife wanted to watch with me was new Amsterdam and designated survivor
Lucifer , magicians, cw flash and arrow,
Altered carbon
I love a musical so tick tick boom was great.

Hulu
Letterkenny, good doctor, Hell’s Kitchen, rookie, Orville

Amazon
Mr and Mrs smith, teacher, suits, invincible, the boys

HBO
Adventure time, succession, the last of us, Chernobyl, torch wood, silicone valley,

Disney for bluey, also spidey and friends and I guess other marvel junk and Star Wars…

Paramount plus only for Star Trek

1 Like

Is what I need is more musicals in my life.

Started watching Animal Control on Hulu yesterday. Very silly comedy.

1 Like

Midsommar and Hereditary are musts. The Lighthouse is a favorite but it’s definitely OUT THERE. I LOVED Glorious on Shudder. Maybe because it has JK Simmons. Invincible (series) is great, speaking of JK Simmons. Swiss Army Man, another obscure favorite. I’ll second @bheinz63, Parasite was FABULOUS. The Platform was also great if you like foreign films with deep cuts. I also just finished my rewatch of Conroys Batman from Batman: The Animated Series through to Batman Beyond. The gold standard of a Batman. Channel Zero is an often overlooked anthology series I adore. The Babadook if you missed that one. If you like B movies and gore, Terrifier is a great new entry and Art might be my second favorite murderous clown. Await Further Instructions was fun. It Comes at Night. A lot of my collection consists of classics everyone has already seen but these are what I’m checking out at the moment.

here’s two picks for Netflix. first of all, Fool Me Once. it’s a mystery show based off the book by Harlan Coben. Harlan Coben has a bunch of books that were turned into Netflix shows. so, if you’re into mystery, then go ahead and pick a Harlan Coben show. also, for movies, i would recommend Society of the Snow. it is amazing. it’s about a plane that crashed in the Andes and they had to survive. and, it is a true story. if you think this sounds familiar, it is because there is already another movie made on it called “Alive” which was made in 1993. but, Society of the Snow is 100x better. watch it with Spanish audio and English subtitles to really experience the feeling.

2 Likes

Yo I really didn’t like hereditary and midsommer like they’re both pretty disturbing like ari aster is a weirdo. Look up his movie the strange thing about the Johnson’s. Like idk they’re definitely a good Rec if op likes really weird and disturbing films but also like not for everyone lol sorry just wanted to say that

3 Likes

@GTDropKnot is correct. Disclaimer. Ari Aster films are disturbing more than scary. Nearly my entire collection is horror movies and while Hereditary and Midsommar don’t qualify as traditional horror, they absolutely messed me up upon first viewing.

3 Likes

HBO - Chernobyl
Apple TV - Tetris
Amazon Prime - The Boys & Invincible
Netflix - Ricky Gervais Armageddon & 3 idiots (Indian Movie)

2 Likes

Ohhh I forget about Apple TV Tetris will be my plane movie next week.

1 Like

The wife is watching stranger things. It’s kinda ordinary.

1 Like

More of a romantic comedy?

Midsommar is absolutely horror

2 Likes