What does everyone do for work?

I’m a licensed technician working on fire alarm systems in MA. I get to visit a lot of cool businesses and see things other people don’t see. I’ve worked at Titleist and seen golf balls getting made. I’ve been to a crouton factory and even a place that made kit cars. They take mustangs and turn them into Shelly Cobras for racing. I enjoy what I do.

16 Likes

Meat mkt manager, unless you count putting up with my wife as an occupation as well.

13 Likes

I’m a stop motion animator. Currently working on Robot Chicken!

29 Likes

Work? :man_shrugging: What? :no_good_man:

14 Likes

Damn that’s awesome!

4 Likes

I work at my local amusement park doing cool graphics-related projects as well as video/photos. I produce digital content for the park’s shows - this is a little snippet of some of the projection mapping stuff I’ve done, as well as videography and logo design (all seen in this clip)

I’ve also gotten the opportunity to do some work for sister parks across the country including producing content for a show at Cedar Point - even got to take a trip to Ohio for funsies and to check out what I made in person in its final form!

16 Likes

Yay MNA ! I have Uniroyals on my car right now!

2 Likes

And here I thought you were just a fan of Buddy Thunderstruck… I admire your work Sir!

2 Likes

Haha thank you! Buddy Thunderstruck was the most fun I’ve had animating on a show!

2 Likes

Awesome! Uniroyal is a great option. As a matter of fact we are launching a brand new Tiger Paw Touring A/S line this summer.

3 Likes

I used to be a web developer. I quit to be a full time carer for my nan. I don’t regret it.

Web development is stressful but rewarding. I only miss it a bit. Caring for my nan full time is way more rewarding though.

Obviously I make yoyos on the side as a hobby

23 Likes

For my Tiguan, it was the best option in my price range,

2 Likes

If it were me I’d be like “I have the worlds best job, I sell yo-yo’s And yo-yo accessories.”

17 Likes

Graphic design and photography. But no one takes an Associate degree seriously I guess. Back to retail it is. Please just not the register! I won’t go back on the register. :grimacing:

4 Likes

I’ve made my living playing, and teaching music since 1987.

A year ago this month I opened up: rehearselive.com

13 Likes

I teach middle School math and CAD.

11 Likes

That’s awesome! My kids and I love buddy thunderstruck! I also do a stop motion unit with the kids I teach for the last week of school - mostly with Legos.

7 Likes

Man it is so cool to hear there are fans of Buddy Thunderstruck out there! Glad you enjoyed it, it was a real labor of love for us!

4 Likes

burning money on textbooks

5 Likes

I’m a computer programmer. Recently I’ve been working on mobile food & beverage ordering - menus, payments, point of sale integration, and so on.

I’ve also designed a yoyo here or there.

17 Likes