What do you think about Worlds Going International?

Wondering why there isn’t a Chinese official organization ? Can’t wait a wyyc in my country.

If China does have an official organization within the country, they can contact the IYYF about joining through the IYYF website: http://iyyf.org/recognition/application-for-organization/

actually I don’t know whether a group can be called offical organization. there are many local clubs or groups in our country.

If there is no official national organization, whoever organizes the national contest would probably be the best place to start in terms of contacting the IYYF. That way they can find out what standards the IYYF has for member organizations and get in touch with other organizations that have already formed, which should help get things on the right track for forming an IYYF-member organization.

Yeah! Because screw the Midwest and their thriving yoyo scene! How dare they be centrally located, so not to exclude ANY member wishing to attend?

The problem is that China has multiple “National” contest each under a different organization.
This could create some tension and issues…

I dont like it because i live in america and i cant just fly around the world every year

I think it’s genius. I have the utmost respect for Greg and everyone who put on Worlds in Orlando all these years but this is a wonderful idea.

Then you’ll just have to go to the Nationals every year! Makes sense, right?

This would be fantastic. Chances are I won’t see a large contest for a few more years, first opportunity being nationals, then WYYC.

On a personal level, I’m disappointed WYYC won’t be here in the U.S. all the time, but I believe for yoyoing it is a great thing for it to be moved around.

I personally don’t care where it is. I suck too badly to compete at any level, let alone world’s, I can’t afford to go and splurge hundreds of dollars on yoyos (or the ridiculous ticket prices), and I can’t afford $4 per gallon gas to make the 10-12 hour drive to Orlando. That’s not even including a hotel room and food.

If they were smart, someone would set up a live stream of the contest and charge $.99 a head to view it. (someone better hurry up and get on that before YYF does…)

1 Like

I personally filmed every prelim last year and spent the next 2 days uploading it. Myself, all of it.

What I want to say next I cannot but some of you may be able to guess it.

Glad it wasn’t appreciated. Won’t bother again.

Not sure what all of that meant. I have personally watched a TONNE of those filmed videos. Thanks, Ben. :wink: Still would be nice to have a live feed, but quickly-posted videos are the next best thing. And I’d be pleased as punch if it was YYF that took the live feed idea and ran with it, for $0.99 or $5.00 or $whatever a head.

You’re usually pretty good for recognizing that a few Negative Nicholases in the bunch don’t speak for the entire community. Don’t be too upset!

Greg

…and I’d gladly pay more than 99c to watch a good webcast

As would I…

Every now and then people think it is cool to talk trash about Yoyofactory.

Every now and then people need to be reminded we are not faceless or emotionless. We started small and although we are bigger we are only 8years from the coffee table we started on and we are yoyo players first.

7 Likes

Yeah. It’s a pain in the butt. I love what YYF does from a technical point of view (ie. the yoyos themselves), from a team point of view (let’s not get derailed into conversations about specifics people… we all know that team members come and go for a variety of reasons… my point is that they have, along with Duncan, one of the most recognizable and promoted teams of players), and in general from a community point of view.

Keep up the good work.

The trash talk never changes.
If they hate then let them hate and watch the money pile up.

International Worlds is a great idea; the experience should be a global thing, not a USA thing.

This is brilliant news and imo, the right thing for our hobby / sport.

In regards to location, one thing to keep in mind is that it helps to have worlds at a city that has tourist appeal.

It’s easier to justify flying across the globe if one is traveling not only for the contest but also for the chance to vacation in an interesting place. A lot of significant others, family and friends travel to worlds, so it’s important that there are non yoyo things to do.

I’m not saying places like Oklahoma or Minnesota don’t have things to do, but these places aren’t typically at the top of foreign visitors’ travel lists.

Orlando was brilliant because almost everyone wants to go to Disney World.

Agree with everything here and +1 to GregP’s comment as well. I understand WHY so many “World” championships are held in the US every year but I have always thought it would be more fair for World championships to actually be held internationally at changing venues.

Are you a 12 year old child or a spokesperson/owner of what is effectively one of the 2 “faces” of yoyoing? Your attitude in the “bootleg” thread was atrocious, and as much as I personally enjoyed a ton of your uploads, your attitude here is just as bad. Maybe nobody is out to get YYF, maybe they’re just out to get you. With the way you act it’s like you want people to come after you so you can take a defensive stance and go on and on about people talking trash about YYF.

I never really “got” the YYF hate thing and have never had a negative opinion about anything regarding your company until I started reading some of your posts. Now I get it completely. Won’t stop me from buying your product because it is always high quality and innovative with very competitive and fair pricing. But I still get it. You should strongly consider letting ANY other YYF employee be the spokesperson for this message board. Or nobody at all.