What do you think about Worlds Going International?

That was a general idea that I got from the Boy Scouts of America’s Jamboree.

If a group was interested in running the USA National Contest and came together with a long term plan I’m sure the current contest organizers would listen to it.

I thinks it’s good for it to go international so more people can get interested but at the same time I can’t goto worlds till 2016 since I doubt can go this year

As would I. As a yoyoer in the UK, I personally think that this would be a great idea especially so that others can get a chance to go to worlds where the best yoyoers are.

I’d love to see more contests in Arizona, especially since YYF is based out of Arizona! It seems like every single contest goes on in California. Ben, could this possibly be a reality in the near future?!

Also, I’ve always wanted to go to Japan, so since it’s in 2015, maybe I should just start saving like $30 a week and put it towards Worlds…either that or build up my credit limits ;D

I would like to see worlds 2016 in Chicago. It’s a big city and more central than some of the other suggested places. Plus pretty much everyone gets the shaft and has to drive/fly.

1 Like

Here are a couple of links talking about this:

http://www.worldyoyocontest.com/2013worlds/

http://iyyf.org/category/announcement/

Still think Midwest 2016, Chicago would be nice IMO, good tourism and plenty to day and places to stay.

Cheers,

Zach Gormley 2016 in Chicago. He’ll be near my college…omg!!! Do it now!!!

If it’s huge tourist traffic, why not New York for 2016? Remember the International YoYo Open hosted by Pat Cuartero and YoYoNation? I wasn’t yoyoing still when that contest was around but it seemed like a huge success to even have a small documentary about it. Excuse my ignorance, correct me if I got anything wrong.

Now no one can whine about ‘california has too many contests derp’

Anyway, I’m excited for Prague and Tokyo. About time Americans pay the expensive price the Europeans/Asians had to experience to go to Orlando just to eat hotel pizza. But it’ll be a lot better because food is cheaper in Prague and Tokyo, so no crappy pizza.

Save up.

I think it should be in the Mall of America, or Central Park. Both of those would be awesome.

But we are taking about worlds not nats-.- lets think before we post thanks

Oh, I know exactly what I posted and why. I suggest instead of snark, you think long and hard about your post that I replied to. :wink: Mine was a helpful suggestion… if you want to see a major competition every year, the only game in town is (and should be) Nats. It makes zero sense for a “World Championship” to be held in one country. Even if that happens to be your country.

It’s fair enough to be selfishly upset (“Aw, drat… we had it so good! I loved the opportunity to go every year”) as long as you’re able to see the forest for the trees (“…but I guess this only makes sense.”)

I understood your point exactly. Those who are in the United States, who cannot attend Worlds at a location overseas the next several years, still have an alternative “big” yo-yo event to attend. Nationals is sure to be in the United States each and every year.

[quote=“WildCat23,post:71,topic:49252”]
Not really. It needs to be an indoor venue. One with full 24-hour access from the beginning of the contest to the end.