What do you do with all your old string? NEW POLL!

Just looking for some thing to do with all my old string. Please leave suggestions!

Like a lot of other people, I make a ball with it. Mine’s about the size of a baseball at the moment.

is there a way to recycle it?

you could try this: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-WaspNest-Freehand-Counterweights/

I already have one of the Counterweights. They are prety cool but i dont do freehand…

How do you make a ball with it?

I also have a little sister who yoyos, she has to cut about 5"-10" off of her strings so her yoyo wont hit the ground. What do i do with them?

Maybe you can try cleaning them, that way you can use them again.

I use them until they are prety worthless… Im just looking for fun stuff to do with the old ones instead of throwing them away.

;D ;D ;D Oh and i started to do freehand, OMG FUN! ;D ;D ;D

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS!!! Keep’m coming :smiley:

i give them to my cat mincus :smiley:

I put them in pillow case and dream of yoyos. The softest pillow in the world.

1 Like

hmm.i should start saving my string :p.

only about 300 more strings to save up xD

chuck 'em

I braided 6 (3 sets of 2) together to make a necklace string. turned out pretty cool. :smiley:

I wash them. Afterwards, they become reusable for a few days to a week. Saves me string, and it works: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,14443.0.html

like a few guys in the thread said, just throwing strings in the wash isn’t going to bring back durability. so it may look/feel cleaner, but it’s still just as likely to break.

Poly strings hardly break.

I braid my old strings (once they’ve been very well used) together, slip on one of those sliders with the push button, and bingo - yoyo strap!

I’ve been doing this for almost a year and haven’t had any problems with it yet. The durability is the same I think. Like Frodoslair said, poly hardly breaks. That’s why they’re preferred over cotton.

I just make a ball like quite a few other people have said

Hey guys, thanks for putting up both of my suggestions on the poll, I really appreciate that. Also, I thank the people who voted my suggestions.

how do you do that? also, what are sliders?

I’ve been saving them, feels wasteful to toss 'em. Still trying to think of a use for them. I suppose I could make a cat toy out of them…my cat always chases the string when I’m playing anyways.