What do you consider to be the best "pocket yoyo"?

Bolt 2 or g5 for me

2 Likes

shocked to see no mention of the Kanto, especially given its recent restock. Kanto is a beast.

4 Likes

For in the Pocket;

1. ZGRT Janus
  2. ZGRT El Mijo Poly Carb
  3. One Drop Deep State or Deeper State
  4. Recess Snack

All other yoyos that are wider go into a Holster I purchased from Mr. Rob @RC_yo-yo. I got the “Weekender” Size. So it hold most of my take with me throws.

For more Standard size Yoyos, I use a Lanyard that the kids and I made.

FYI- Crocks are acceptable in that picture. Allowable because they were in Sports Mode.

10 Likes
  1. OG Moonshine
  2. Deep State
  3. Slappa
  4. Confusion
  5. Ditch
  6. Butterfly
  7. Ledgend Wing
  8. Theodore
6 Likes

M1 for me. Still waiting for a boosted version or something.

1 Like

Mk1 sliver, It’s just PHENOMENAL, its oddly catchable, it has amazing weight distribution, Highly recommend if you come across it in the bst or if it ever restocks

4 Likes

Recess snack 100%.

3 Likes

Panorama in the front pocket of my jeans, I have a time or two had people where I live ask me. “ what type of dip you got there” ewwww

But I digress Panorama travels well and when I transition back to my other wider organic throws I seem to control them better after working with the Panorama.

8 Likes

I’ve been playing a hubstack confusion that I made unresponsive and I love it. It’s so slim plus the hubstacks add a little flair. It’s size drops right into a pocket no problem! Whipping the string into the gap to DNA if someone asks is near impossible, though. I feel this adds to it’s charm.

Usually I play responsive and the Butterfly AL checks all my boxes for a pocket carry.

2 Likes

It depends on whether you are looking for a responsive, semi or unresponsive yoyo game…
There are many, like those already mentioned in the thread and many others that come to mind…
That fit well in a pants pocket,I say these, to give 3 examples: Deep State, The Executive or The Saint Eel;)

1 Like

Oh man…Brace yourself…the new Arc1 Prototype is going to DOMINATE this category.

I freaking love this thing.

PC/Steel hybrid, fingerspin capable, loads of spin time and stability, I can do my limited zontals with this thing.

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I gotta get off this forum or Ill never stop buying yoyos :yo-yo::face_with_spiral_eyes: Had to nab a pocket throw!

3 Likes

They’ve had B grade Snacks at this price before and IMHO it’s the best deal in yo-yo. Awesome throw, highly recommend. Maybe I should pick up a second and try out 3A?

3 Likes

Depends how small we’re going for “pocket”

52mm - love the decade. Thing is a fantastic lil organic.

Small small - mini covey. Best sub 50mm yo-yo I’ve played. The switch to the D bearing was great, I wish I would have tried that on the mini banshee wide.

5 Likes

Pocket yoyo to me should fit comfortably in my jeans… fixed or unresponsive actually can fit both in the same pocket… only one for me is el MiJo.
Spoiler alert… keep your eyes on ZGRT for some really cool news!

8 Likes

5ive, Hornet, Deep State, Diorama.

4 Likes

I like the Panorama or Phideas… but they are literally my only unresponsive slimlines.

I really love the Kamuraiju. It’s small enough to throw in my pocket and handles my tricks like it ain’t no thang.

None of these are cheap though unless you can find a good BST deal.

3 Likes

got one cause people who bought them said there was nothing wrong with them, and they were right. mine is B-grade but its smooth and no ano flaws i can see.

2 Likes

Pocket yoyos are narrow yoyos imho, not small diameter yoyos. As such the best pocket yoyos are as follows:

Deep State

Black Canon

I loved those two yoyos so much, I bugged my favorite yoyo designer, @G2_Jake, into making a matching set of highly optimized slim-lines.

Jackal (Unresponsive)

Jackal (Responsive)

17 Likes

The @DocPop Executive and Spencer Berry’s Walter are my all time favorite pocket yoyos.

Some of these yoyos listed make me think you guys have massive pockets, I could never fit some of these in my pocket :joy:

4 Likes