What do you consider to be the best "pocket yoyo"?

What do you think the best “pocket yoyo” is? Something small enough in each dimension to comfortably fit in your pocket, and something generally cheap enough where you feel comfortable taking it around and using it in public.

4 Likes

Snack comes to mind for unresponsive, 5ive comes to mind for responsive

6 Likes

CLYW Ditch is good. OD Clique is better. OD Deep State set up unresponsive with shims is my favorite. If cost wasn’t an issue I’d say get the gold plated Executive though.

5 Likes

Deep State

enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

5 Likes

The holy Grail of pocket throws goes to the Mini Star II, followed by perhaps the snack, popstar, arcade, etc

6 Likes

Just get a yoyo holster like us normal folks so you can carry any size yoyo on you, lol :rofl::smiling_face_with_tear:.

4 Likes

I would love to tell you Ti Silver Bullet but they are hard to find and a little expensive. If you can land one I would highly recommend it as it plays both responsive and unresponsive.

Another hard to find yoyo, slimline… I love Resto by Old School Throws. Super pocketable bimetal. Resto plays incredible but you have to be on point.

Steel Shutter is fun!

YYF 444. A bit on the light side though. Hubstacks are cool.

5 Likes

RBC, El-Mijo poly, yoyorecreation Impact are my goto for responsive. Even the confusion w/hubstacks sometimes.

7 Likes

I proudly wear mine on my hip and love when people ask…. “What is that.” Well, it’s a yoyo, let me show you.

4 Likes

I’ve tried/owned pretty much everything mentioned in this thread and nothing comes even close to MiniStar 2, if you’re looking for something remotely “performant”

7 Likes

Lol. Yes, it’s a great ice breaker

1 Like

Yes, we have a winner. You are correct.

I agree Ministar 2 is the ultimate unresponsive pocket throw but OP did say cheap so snack takes the cake with that parameter

If there’s no budget impact or beacon or hell the Janus especially the ti Janus is an amazing pocket throw.

Heck no budget lets go Lagrange or a ti executive but yeah not in the cheap area.

I would also mention el mijo but thats not easy to find at all

5 Likes

YoyoFactory Heist

9 Likes

Personally and I figure this is not the goal of this post so I didn’t mention it earlier but my favorite pocket throw is my gates se. Small and slim wood goodness. Can whip it out and shoot the moon do a few stalls or loop a bit then pocket it like nothing was there.

2 Likes

Possum has been really solid for me these past few days

6 Likes

Theres a great deal on B-grade recess snacks right now. I been meaning to get one before they run out. I think that would be my go to for the price without worrying about damaging it. Hear only good things about it.

7 Likes

$16?!? Yup got one on the way thanks for the lookout

3 Likes

DD Assassin for me but admittedly have not played all that have been mentioned snack is great value

2 Likes

DV888 is a usual pocket throw but i can just chuck my shutter in my backpack

3 Likes