What did you get in the mail this week (2013-2018)

Yeah it looks pretty good, and I have 2 other saturday market yo-yos that look more typical, so I’m not really complaining. There is natural variance in splashes!

3 Likes

That’s the risk with splashes, right? You pays your money and you takes your chances. :man_shrugging:

I took a stab at the Charm’s Fire Island splash and it didn’t look nearly as crisp or vivid as the photos. I figure disappointment is just as likely as satisfaction, from a probability standpoint, when it comes to totally random color patterns.

5 Likes

Depending on the manufacturer, they’ll pull particularly “weird” splash outcomes as b-grades or trash them entirely. Depends on the quality control they have in place, and what they’re comfortable with etc.

3 Likes

I kinda like the way yours came out, but I would definitely be disappointed expecting one with more blues and purple.

3 Likes

May I ask how much that cost?

3 Likes

Which one are you quoting? Pads, strings or something else?

2 Likes

Click on the reply indicator to see, like so:

2 Likes

Thank you and a big bear hug to @codinghorror for this beauty! Plays like a dream!

7 Likes

Yeah it plays like a slightly smaller Edge Beyond, a bit more W shaped, enjoy :wink:

3 Likes

I just got my package from @codinghorror from the contest last weekish. As I stated earlier…I am saving this until Christmas morning since all my family lives far away and we just do cards and stuff. I hope I don’t sleepwalk one night before Christmas and rip it open and then wake up in the morning and wonder where the new yoyo came from and start to think my yoyos got together and made a yoyo baby. I think @codinghorror has magic seeds and grows yoyos in his basement, or attic, or garage. If he actually is able to do this wouldn’t they all be…organic? Hahahaha…(sigh). Thank you for the votes, my yo peeps!

15 Likes

Not if he used pesticides and/or inorganic fertilizers.

5 Likes

I use thin lube. THIN LUBE EVERYWHERE

8 Likes

:sweat_smile: I bet you do!

6 Likes

Huh…food for thought. Food for thought.

4 Likes

Aw, come on!

4 Likes

8 Likes

Thanks man, this throw is really nice. And the half swap colorwat, too cool for school.

7 Likes

Thanks bro, I wouldn’t have it except for @codinghorror and his very gracious ways. #Colorwat

7 Likes

@sfyoyos were extremely generous and surprised me with this beautiful Bliss CS! It plays so insanely good, such an amazing, premium yoyo. I’m really loving it so far!
IMG_3683
IMG_3642

13 Likes

Huh? they just sent it to you?

6 Likes