What did you get in the mail this week (2013-2018)

That Houska Dry is amazing! I love that clean black look. Reminds me of my black Mantis (but yours looks shinier).

3 Likes

Katana! Thanks @codinghorror! :metal:
20181203_134311

8 Likes

I was curious about the Katana until I watcheda video review that explained how weight balanced it was despite the massive weight rings. I guess those rings are so big that they distribute weight back towards the center of the yoyo. :-1:

2 Likes

Is that really a bad thing though? I’ll have to spend some solid time getting to know this thing, but I don’t really mind center weight as much. It makes things more interesting…

2 Likes

Well, I need the benefits of dramatic rim weight at this stage in my learning. Eventually I won’t need so much spin time or stability, but at the moment, those two are paramount to me. In fact, that is a major reason why I like One Drop throws so much; despite being monometals, they are invariably designed such that they provide bimetal-like spin time and stability. That’s some pretty hardcore yoyo voodoo right there. :+1:

4 Likes

What a reasonable response :slightly_smiling_face:

Have you gotten your hands on a topdeck yet? That thing is as close to a bimetal as a monometal can get

2 Likes

Is toptech a vendor or a model? I’ve never heard of it.

2 Likes

Deck. Topdeck

3 Likes

Yes, I have a Top Deck. It was the first One Drop I ever bought. That thing has incredible spin speed for a monometal, that’s for sure. Interestingly, that’s the one OD throw I have kept the stock flat bearing in with the intention of using it to help clean up my technique (at some point) since I have a bit of trouble keeping it from turning/twisting on me during play.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s a super fun organic, a little bit undersized? maybe? - been playing with it nonstop since I got it though.

3 Likes

Glad you like it! It’s a fun little guy

3 Likes

Dude I love it! Jealous of that Peak2 you got though - pretty much every time I see you get a new yoyo I’m just like “well, guess there’s another one I’m gonna need to get, because now I’m obsessed with organics”
My current “want” list, mostly influenced by you lol: MMC, Parlay, Peak2, Orbis, and something cheaper like a Colossus
Almost got my hands on the Orbis, but someone snatched it up quick before I got to it lol

4 Likes

15438737683806512319490141864076 Got a Fools Gold Scout and Yeti 2.0.

I love how big the Yeti is, it would probably be great for 4a. The scout to me feels very much like a Chief but without the heft. They both play amazingly, really happy with these two.

6 Likes

Got a fools gold manatee this week
IMG_20181203_202036752

6 Likes

These are the last yoyos I intend/expect to buy for a while. (Yeah, I know, famous last words.)

• YYR Anomaly + Smiley Performance Blend string

• Duncan Haymaker X + YYSL Type X string

6 Likes

You say that every time lol

6 Likes

Bought a pair of these and did a half-swap.

I’ve been in a long rut now but the YYF confusion has shaken things up and I’m getting into responsive play to freshen up the routine. The design choice behind this goes back to my childhood desire of getting a ProYo Cold Fusion GT when I saw that in a 1999 mail order catalog but $150+ was way too much for my 14-year-old self to stomach. It also goes back to the missed opportunity of buying its plastic variant, the Turbo Bumblebee GT (had seen it at a store but I was waning out of the hobby at that time so didn’t get it).

7 Likes

It is the most colorfully dressed package I have received!

3 Likes

I suppose if someone had a pink OD Marquis up for sale I might grab it, but other than that the only throws I’m looking for are two that I may never find on any BST.

2 Likes

What might those be? :slight_smile:

2 Likes