What did you get in the mail, 2023

That is one I wish they would release another batch, in all black :hugs:

2 Likes

A titanium rimmed yoyo will have a more even/balanced distribution in its rim compared to an SS bimetal.yoyo.

This is good if you don’t like a really heavy thunk or inertia feeling like most SS bimetals have, but still want a large amount of the benefits that most bimetals have over their mono counterparts.

You can also spark them if they’re outer ring :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hey dressel, completely unrelated but what’s the good life collab about ? super interested

3 Likes

Soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

i’m so ready to spend $$$

Received from the dear Yoyoexpert a Topyo - Noema, x2 Ds platinum bearing (a classic) and a pair of Sochi gloves (which I really need to get used, is weird to pinch the strings with gloves on).

I played with the Noema for around 3 hours before apply the silicone and let it rest.
This yoyo come at 80$ so not cheap for the brand standards but still it is a bimetal at a very good price.
The quality is stellar, glass smooth for the lover of nail vibe, bearing is easy to remove for the lovers of tolerance and finishing is great and grind friendly for the lovers of grinds, no flaws at all on its look and it feels really nice to handle and play with it.

It is a signature model for a very amazing 3a player.
I took it cause I do love the shape and the width and I was so curious, this yoyo seemed something I can love and actually is.
The yoyo feels a bit in the heavy side but it doesnt disturb the playing on the string, it remains quite nimble, fast, easy to manouvre and very powerful while having a good presence on the string, detail that I really liked as I can feel where the yoyo is and when it land a really nice feedback.
Slack, hooks, whips and everything that come to your mind are incredibly easy to catch thanks to the shape, I was basically mindlessy doing all my slacks and hooks without any issue, I do really love the width it makes me feel “secure” to catch every single trick I do.
While the width is important still doesnt disturb during tech and dense play, the yoyo is crazy stable and I did all my combos without hit the yoyo with the string.
Very very stable during horizontal, zontal behind the back and off axis horizontal (i think this is the name), it is very fun to throw this yoyo and play horizontal, the stability gives you time to breath during the combos and do not rush much for the risk to tilt it in “standard position”.
Spin time is good, I mean, is the classical bimetal spin time, much better with a beloved DS but every yoyo is better with a DS.
This yoyo seems a mix between some yoyos I really like on shape plus the add of some more weight and a bigger width.
For sure this yoyo can enter on the competition oriented yoyos category, it does feel a very reliable and safe yoyo in every aspect during your tricks with a nice price point for a bimetal.
Wish there were more colourways but I am a sucker for blue as with the yellow neon string makes a good combo and the yoyo very visible in my opinion.
A great job from Topyo, sad that I don’t see this yoyo talked more around because in my opinion deserve some hype.

27 Likes

Snagged this beautiful Aster from @Alex recently. Although the MSG was not the best fit for me at the time, the Aster has perfectly refined what was a great yo-yo into possibly one of the greatest. I have been nonstop jamming on it since it came in! S class play.

Also snagged some Project 44 string a few months back that finally came in. After a week of play I think this is the best string I have had the chance of owning, gearing up to buy a bunch more and really really hope they get this stuff stocked in the US.

For those that have not had a chance to try it, the best description i can come up with is as such:
Poly-Nylon Cor-Tex Normal is a mix between Kitty FC and something like a Sochi Alphaline however it is wound much tighter than both and retains the thickness of Kitty FC Normal. This means that slacks end up retaining structure while still having some weight to them. Break in on it is a bit longer but the string also as a result lasts longer.

31 Likes

Can’t have enough small bearing FH’s IMO. One day the shelves are stocked, the next day you’re paying 3x over retail.

26 Likes

I have never see anything but butterflies in the retails stores I go to. If I did, I would probably buy them out.

4 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks this looks almost the same as G2’s current $100+ splashes?

Very good looking, doesn’t get better than that for the price! Enjoy it

2 Likes

I got the triple A hookup

34 Likes

LESGOOOO :fire: :fire: :fire:

Were these from Toby? I was considering picking up his pair but I ended up passing cuz I had just spent $300 on a pair of Hades :joy:

6 Likes

Yeah, I got these in a trade from Toby. I was a little disappointed that I missed out on their pair of abductions, but I’m pretty sure everybody else in my house is going to appreciate way more that I ended up with a pair that has mute rings LOL.

3 Likes

Man what a great photo! Looks a hell of a lot more aesthetic than it did in my light box lol

3 Likes

Oh yeah those abductions were me oops :joy: He told me about the entangles when I was buying them but I saved them for you ofc

I think abductions are gonna be my 3a comp throw cuz I don’t really want to spend 1K+ on a bimetal set so I’m stockin up. I recently found out about the Topyo Colossus Rs selling for $45 though and they look really good :eyes:

2 Likes

What are the entangle strings? Just really fat string? Also love the color and the mute rings!

1 Like

XL poly string with a tight twist, and they’re only 80cm out of the package. Tomoya Kurita makes them.

Imagine a thick version of HKMT Toru that’s only 80cm uncut. It has the stiff/dry feeling of Toru, instead of the softer/oily feeling the vast majority of poly string has.

3 Likes

That sounds great, where can you order it from? @mable

The TP store (actual TP store, not mavetrick) and Tomoya’s personal booth store.

3 Likes

I’ve really been in the fence about it

2 Likes