What did you get in the mail, 2023

I really enjoy the YYE forum. I get the some of my most beautiful throws from the good yo-yo people of the forum most throws I pick up are well cared for, like this beautiful OG MMC, I picked up from Hojo-YoYo Howard. I really like the OG MMC Soda Blast finish this is #2. I thought the colorway could be “ Sun Rise Gate “ I do not think it is due to no yellow. If any one knows please pass it on thank you.

33 Likes

This color scheme is called “Clearly red”. I am jealous, because i am looking for the same one :smiley:

3 Likes

Quite possibly the rarest yoyo I’ve owned. Mint condition Onedrop Cafe Racer hand painted by Brett Grimes.

39 Likes

Is it anodized or painted? I don’t think Jason Wong ever custom painted any throws but I could be wrong. I’ve only ever seen his custom ano on throws.

If it is painted it kind of reminds me of Brett Grimes work so it could be that. @YoyoD3N

2 Likes

It’s painted and somehow still dead smooth. (Only threw once to test) The guy I got it from told me that he confirmed with @yoyobrothers that it was hand painted by Jason Wong.
@yoyojoe

2 Likes

Jason didn’t paint

I’m certain this is Brett Grimes hand painting

3 Likes

Seems like it is. Thanks for clearing that up guys.

2 Likes

Brett Grimes, so many memories!
(I remember a video of him where he played in 4A with an OD M1!!! :sweat_smile:)

@YoyoD3N 0:37!

11 Likes

One Drop Fat Tire 20/20. Was inspired after last weeks drama. Always wanted a Fat Tire, mostly because its so talked about in so many ways, and realized it had been a long time since I had purchased a new OD.

Not what I expected at all, and I love it. Gobs of rim weight with those giant, flat, and WIDE rims. Moves with ease, very stable even with the flat bearing, loves to be airborne and hops way higher than I would expect based on the weight. Is that what makes something scientifically floaty? It moves faster than yoyos I typically associate with floaty feels (namely the Carbine)

Probably gonna get lambasted for this, but there are qualities about this that reminds me of the Klondike. Not saying it plays like a Klondike, but I get reminded of it a lot. Obviously this is not a competition yoyo, but the wide flat thicc rims and steep h shaped walls bring more similarity than differences.

32 Likes

And off the BST

39 Likes

Agree, I find it is an excellent yoyo to cleanse the pallet and relax

6 Likes

This is amazing!! Thanks so much bro!

2 Likes

His work is truly amazing. These look better than some of the best anos I’ve seen.

3 Likes

Received the Wild by W1LD. This is really good. Very light feel during play, quick to accelerate and excellent at everything I’ve thrown at it in the last 4 hours. Sat on the fence with this but I had a discount to use and when for it. So, so glad I did. It’s very quickly eclipsed a lot of very good performance throws and close to the top of my favorites.

31 Likes

Pretty rad mail day,

Dressel Designs 5050 C bearing A grade and a Fixed-Axle wooden throw from @yoyo_cubicle

YYF Sherpa from @Will all the way from across the pond in 1 week

A second Rev-G, complete and mint

Last but not least, a second run Zissou fr One Drop

39 Likes

Very good yoyo, in my top 10 mono metals of 2023 for sure

26 Likes

giveaway path came in, loving it so far! thumb grinds are amazing on it, gonna use it as my learning yoyo

30 Likes

Probably the best mail-day I’ve ever had. Nope. Definitely the best one yet.

38 Likes

Received this pair of Loop 2020 protos courtesy of @Captrogers. I need to figure out how to adjust them; the gap is too small on one and it plays like it’s knotted.

24 Likes

I wish I had a pair of those to go with my red ones. :+1:

2 Likes