What did you get in the mail, 2023

Got a little anniversary gift to myself, Duncan FH1 Hey Bud.

Does anyone know the story behind this edition?

34 Likes

Artwork is by Paul Escolar.

I highly recommend reading Augie Fash’s IG post about Paul and this yoyo. Most of the text is in the comments section)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cusuz3KxDDC/?igshid=YTUzYTFiZDMwYg==

9 Likes

YYF sent me the missing Northstar!

34 Likes

Sweet that you got it! Still think it’s crazy it was missing in the first place :joy:

Reminds me of the time I was a kid and my dad ordered me a happy meal and when I opened up the box there were 3 nuggets instead of 4

4 Likes

Eh, stuff happens I guess lol :sweat_smile: im happy they swiftly made it right!

3 Likes

I’m so close to pulling the trigger on the original colors as a set. So nice. The gold is cool too.

2 Likes

I ordered the crazy color Koi! I was waiting for a Koi restock and the colors are fun. Very smooth yoyo, I can see why it gets recommended a lot.

Spinning color ain’t half bad either!

38 Likes

This is much better than I guessed.

8 Likes

Looks like my Saturday Market Pano when spinning, sweet looking color

5 Likes

I saw it in that other thread and I had to find out first hand! It looks a lot better than I thought it would, too.

3 Likes

I got this sweet Cephas from Atmos Projects that is supposedly a b-grade but honestly can’t see anything wrong with it!

It feels heavier that I thought it would but that’s a good thing. The finish is so smooth too. Just been throwing out in the garden and it’s a great yoyo!

36 Likes

Reverse mail day sending a bunch of stuff out today before I go on work travel next week…

Gonna be a rough return when some stuff I ordered arrives and the wife gets them first…

24 Likes

How does the hinemosu play? I’m considering getting one

3 Likes

Very well, slightly heavy feeling but with that it has a powerful feeling. Can really pick up the pace in middle of play and stable. It really is excellent. Just a bit pricey. :hugs:

2 Likes

Im not concerned about the price as I’m looking to spoil myself with something nice!

How do the titanium rims compare with stainless steel rims?

I’ve never tried a titanium yo-yo but I’m really curious

2 Likes

One of the yoyos I consider a grail to me that I’ve been after for a while showed up, and not just one, but two. I snagged them as a birthday present for myself. Luckily enough, they landed a day after my birthday.

Agonist 1.0 and “New” Agonist.

29 Likes

Glad you bought those otherwise I was about to. @suspense

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me snag them :rofl:

2 Likes

I like all my titanium rimmed yoyos. They just feel different than steel rimmed yoyos. The Galaxy Dinosaur is also really good but wide and started me down this path. The Hinemosu would be a nice way to spoil yourself. And it looks really cool with those fat rims. Very glad I grabbed one. :grin:

4 Likes

I have an inception and nothing else I have comes close to it. Yet…

1 Like