What did you get in the mail, 2022?

Nitro

2 Likes

Ohhh thanks. I didn’t realise the Nitro had no rings in the cup.

1 Like

Yeah, not sure my pic is the clearest. But I thought the colors were cool. It comes to a slightly raised point in the middle…no circles.

1 Like

…rings

2 Likes

Ah now that you mention it, the slightly raised point in the middle is difficult to see as well because of the colour. Beautiful yoyo though.

1 Like

CLYW Pickaxe in the mail today

34 Likes

Beautiful yo-yo, and an awesome picture.
I really like the balance of colors on this photo.

6 Likes

Just came in the mail! 3D printing is so cool. Thank you @TheThrowingGnome
Plays great. It’s a nice weight and size. How do I swap axles? I don’t want to damage it.

28 Likes

23 Likes

Hey Rob! Glad it made it there safely.

To change the axles:

• Hold the half facing you in one hand
  • Insert the T40 bit into the axle facing you (for example if you are looking at the green side, grab that half and insert the bit into the hub facing you)
  • Make sure you push the bit ALL THE WAY IN!!! These are very tight at first to help prevent stripping. You may need to wiggle a bit as you push.
  • Keep holding the half and turn the bit to the RIGHT to loosen it! Righty loosey since you are looking at the backside of the screw.
  • Repeat for the other side.

To install new axle:

• Thread the axle into the half by hand to get it started.
  • Insert bit.
  • Turn left a bit to tighten then press the bit in some more to be sure it’s fully seated before tightening all the way down.

You’ll see that there is no force being placed on the axle itself with this setup so there is no chance of twisting the aluminum or wood axle out of the printed threaded hub piece. If you get a little bit of plastic down into star drive hole from the bit you can easily pick it out with a hobby knife or something as it wears in. The main thing is make sure you’ve got the bit pushed all the way in.

I made a quick video below of me switching a metal axle out for a wooden one and yes I have half a pinky thanks to a table saw 20 years ago!

Happy yoyo!

12 Likes

This is a gorgeous package. Kinda really want one. The yoyo itself is such a cool design, but that package is stellar.

Kudos @TheThrowingGnome

4 Likes

Only problem with that box is it takes like 14 hours to print ONE……Working on other designs that are in vase mode and print in 3-4hrs.

5 Likes

holy ■■■■ thats quite the print!! so worth it in the end though!

5 Likes

I have the Peregrine SS version and I feel it has the same problems you describe especially the slippy binds.

1 Like

That’s great thank you.

2 Likes

Got a Deep State. I think it’ll make a pretty nice daily carry once the response wears in.

27 Likes

Favorite colorway so far

31 Likes

Wow rare find! Where did you get one?

3 Likes

Facebook Yoyo BST & Talk Group

3 Likes

Glorious! Gotta love a black yoyo!

G2 Mongoose

27 Likes