What did you get in the mail, 2022?

I’m loving my Deep State EDC. I have mine set up with a lightly thick lubed (one drop) bearing, and its the perfect blend of spin time for lots of 1A and response for 0A. I’ve also broken my personal STM record using the Deep State.

it lives in my pocket with my keys, day in day out. ive had it in my pocket as i load, move, and stack 300 pound subwoofers and the Pyramatte finish has held up beautifully. I only have one mark in the finish, clearly from it getting dug into, but the rest is still as nice as the day I got it. I used to use an RBC as my EDC, and that one got more marks in less time than the DS.

22 Likes

How many STM’s?

3 Likes
6 Likes

I might set mine up with the lubed bearing again in time, but for now I have a cleaned bearing and thin string on it. Just managed to land a Spirit Bomb so I think I have it where I want it for now. I still haven’t made time to learn the 0a basics, but it’s nice to know this will be a usable option when I get there. I really wanted something sub-30mm and capable of 1a to pocket because even ~34mm (Quiz, Sliver are ones I’ve tried carrying in the past) seems a bit too wide when I wear jeans that fit well. But maybe that’s just me. This thing feels just about perfect.

I got my first ding out of the way about 10 minutes into playing with it, haha.

3 Likes

I felt the same about 34mm yoyos. I had the Sliver and an RBC that I used as , both were 34mm a felt just a smidge too wide. The Deep State has been perfect for 1A and 0A, and at 28mm is ideal pocket size. I land Kwyjibo regularly and only snag on Spirit Bomb because the string feels a little short, I have gotten through the first hop more than a few times lol

2 Likes

Feeling it snag and then twist into a giant mess on either hop isn’t what I’d call a “Deep State” of relaxation, personally… :laughing: A Black Canon might have been a better buy for my use, but this thing is doing a stellar job of cleaning up my string angles and precision with whips and hops - going back to a Panorama feels like taking ankle weights off after a full workout. I’d also struggle to justify spending $100 on something I’m planning on beating the everloving crap out of.

4 Likes

Oh come on, you dont enjoy figuring out 8 different directions of string coming from one knot?

3 Likes

I did a temporary swap with @nightshadow to let him try out a Spinworthy fixed axle yoyo, and in return I’m getting to try out a yoyofficer Zealot and yoyoworkshop Redacted. I need more time with both to really form an opinion on them but I’m really surprised I’ve only ever seen nightshadow post about the Zealot. Everything about this yoyo seems like stuff people would absolutely love. A slightly tapered yet still fairly high wall, giving it a gap feel somewhat similar to a Panorama/Diorama/Slim Dunk/Doorknob. Yet the rims are super wide with a nice organic curve, so it plays like a slimline but feels like a full sized organic in the hand. The width combined with not really pushing too much weight to the far rims also makes it feel incredibly light and zippy, somewhat floaty. This genuinely just seems like a lot of what people are currently raving about in yoyos. Except I think this is a fairly old model at this point, so if anything the Zealot was ahead of the curve.

Huge thanks to @Theycallmecotton and @FewandFarBetween for having the Inception pay it forward thread, I’ve been enjoying the Inception! I’d like to spend more time with it before giving any real response on it. It’s nice though, I need to film some tricks with it to post in the pay it forward thread!

@AKYOYOMIKE was absolutely awesome and during the Inception pay it forward (he was the last recipient), he hooked me up with a Fair Trade Yoyos x Fallen44 fixie. I’ve heard mixed things about Fallen44 fixies in the past but all of those issues seem to have been totally resolved for this model. Super snappy response and I can get enough spin out of this to still get through a cold fusion. These things feel like a super beefed up Legend Wing in the best way possible. The FTY graffiti logo is also super cool, these stickers are really neat.

Also a massive thank you to @Xanadu who found this old sticker set with one of those sweet old unknown stickers on it. This sticker sheet almost seems like a time capsule of yoyo 6-7 years ago. Considering the yybb store, yoyofreaks, and buddhabearing aren’t really around any more. And the JD icon would be lost on me if people didn’t still post about loving their old yoyojams.

Thanks to my mom for the Surveillance!

I bought the Ordinal 1 :slight_smile:

For only having purchased one yoyo, I’ve been kind of overwhelmed lately. I’ve got a lot of stuff to play with over the next two weeks.

33 Likes

Thats likely the most epic community fueled mailday if I’ve ever seen

8 Likes

This is EPIC

9 Likes

You are most welcome, @mable!

3 Likes

Finally picked up a gorge thanks to the bst. Wow this is a honker of a high-wall, but the fun doesn’t stop spinning…

28 Likes

Looks like a super fun old school style throw!
Congratulations on your new pick up.
I know you’ll love it, let us know what you think.

3 Likes

Black Monday #mailday

Duncan Freehand
Duncan Butterfly
Yoyorecreation GOPA

29 Likes

Epic D(UN)CAN mailday.

I cant bring myself to take the Freehand out of the package to play. I guess I’ll have to grab another so I don’t feel as bad.

26 Likes

The Don

25 Likes

Forgot to post over the weekend, but finally met up with my friend and half-swapped our new Fingerspin Weekenders!!

26 Likes

They can slip out of the package and back in if you use this Makita technique

4 Likes

package has already been destroyed, a second will be onthe way soon ;]

5 Likes

Just got this very pretty Rebirth from @CaptainFoxxButt . Man, I don’t think OD could possibly have done a better job with a successor to the Project line. This thing is truly awesome.

30 Likes