What did you get in the mail, 2022?

When all your packages arrive in one day. Whew boy!

RSO Starship from @lytelvin, Atmos Ari from @rnsy, Ti Triton Proto v2 and Respawn Lite from @G2_Jake, and finally a PDX x OYY Batchsquatch from @Yoyogems.

36 Likes

Dang

Wicked jealous of that Dollar Bill American. I picked up the American flag version but that one is the one i wanted. Nice!

kgb

5 Likes

One Drop Rebirth, in about the prettiest blue I’ve ever seen.

37 Likes

Thanks man! Yeah, it’s was an out of my comfort zone pickup as I normally stay organics, but I had to get it when I saw the engravings.

Pleasant surprise, this thing slays. It is as fun to play as it is beautiful.

My main concern is the engravings getting dirty over time. Same happened to my Celtic 888 so I’ll have to figure out some way around that or just let it be a casualty of war.

3 Likes

I can finally join the February festivities.

Jumps and clicks heels

21 Likes

Ari + more zipline string!!! - cause case 50’s are legit

@rnsy bruh this thing is the cat’s meow!!! also first titanium hype

I just need some like side effects I can finger spin with with its 100% perfect lol (if they exist)
~Edit found I can at least finger spin it a tiny bit enough to tornado bind so we G lets gooooooo~

• basically a different throw when you change side-effects in how they feel on the string
  • with case 50’s string it like has the perfect response (I liked more than silicone)
  • great finish
  • full spikes=OD legendary terrarian
  • brass UL or alu UL w/ caps=MCMO (with brass UL)
  • mini spikes=OD Aitch
  • UL= yoyofriends Vulture
28 Likes

it was a valiant, but fruitless mission.

I got the bearings. No issue there. Thanks for the info on that. I couldn’t get the yoyo to tighten on the bearing though. I, oviously, didn’t want to crank on it but I could see light around the side of the bearing. so the yoyo was tight, but not on the bearing. Looks like the axle boss is too long, so the sides tighten on each other and the gap is too wide for the slim bearing.

i think it won. i’m going to get a nice clean bearing and throw it as the high-walled unresponsive it wants to be.

though…the response area is recessed. i could pull those little pads and flow some silicone in there…

kgb

15 Likes

Fractal cases are cool for sure, but this particular one should be a nightmare for cleaning :smiley: This front panel is for sure a terrible dust collector :smiley:

I have a couple friends who have sworn by these cases for years. From what they’ve said, they really like how fast and easy all of the filter panels are to clean. The filter on the top is just held on with magnets, and the one on the front and underside of the case just pop right off with a small latch on the outside of the case. I guess it’s worse for collecting a ton of dust, but this case makes it really easier to just clean it more regularly.

My real complaint with this case is that if you’re using a modular PSU and want to have the 3.5" drive cage installed, there’s almost barely any room in the back half of the case to run cabling. It works, but it’s extremely cramped. I’m probably just going to get a third SSD so I can remove that drive cage.

I guess as a second nitpick, I really don’t like how most of their offerings have clear side panels. I really don’t want to be reminded that RGB lighting on RAM is a thing that needed to exist lol.

Dang, thats a bummer! Its awesome that you tried, that bearing came really quick too. I hate that I’m still kinda tempted by the thing lol

3 Likes

Why then you have chosen Meshify instead of Define 7? They have plenty of room for cables, dedicated place for optical drive, lots of hard drive mounting slots, modular construction (you do not even need to use bolts in most places), and both windowed and non-windowed versions. I bought one of Define 7`s for my friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today I got a few specifically sized spacers from McMaster Carr in an attempt to find an A-sized bearing blank.

14 Likes

More info in this thread:

1 Like

Okay those look really nice. Please don’t make me regret my purchase like this haha.

I just had a couple parts fail and figured I may as well get a new case too since literally anything was going to be a massive improvement over my old case. I didn’t really do much research into other options since it was just a “Dang I just want to order stuff as fast as possible so I can have my PC running again.”

3 Likes

Reaper. Cause I needed one to play, instead of the one I have on display.
canvas

23 Likes

I was a meshify fan but like the p400a more these days

That`s a different approach. I am not saying that “to start it as quick as possible” is wrong, but six years ago i made it other way.

I just spent a day or two for choosing my new case (Fractal Design R5 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), and same amount of time for choosing parts, checking them for compatibility, and checking user`s feedback for all components. Then i ordered everything, and within next week received all parts. When i assembled everything, machine started smoothly. It is working like a charm without a single failure all these six years. I am not a pro PC assembler, but i recommend using my way next time :smiley: Do not rush, and you will be rewarded.

P.S. And use grounding bracelet :smiley:

This PC is my third build since my first one in 2009, so it’s nothing new to me. If you’re starting a totally new build then yeah, not doing any research is a recipe for disaster. In my instance though I just wanted some replacement parts ASAP. Everything I got was exactly what I needed. Also I do use an ESD bracelet.

PC parts have gotten way too expensive for me to consider doing a totally new build. The most demanding thing I do is play PC games from the 90s, so it’s not like I actually need to upgrade any time soon.

Yeah, new build today will cost a pretty penny, decent PC should be 3,5k+ USD.
Right, looks like it is time for me to stop, we at mail thread :smiley:

Update - wait a second, it is actually a mailday.

12 Likes

Got my Ti Triton v2! USPS was slacking on the tracking updates, and I was stressing lol.

So incredibly happy with this yoyo. My tirst Ti, and its exactly what I was hoping for. Super fun yoyo, awesome to throw and catch. Very stable for the shape, and just feels good on the string.

The sound is a huge reason why I bought it, and it really is beautiful in person. I highly doubt that the resonant frequency of the yoyo was a design consideration, but its tuned to make a beautiful sound.

38 Likes