What did you get in the mail, 2022?

Which do you like most, buddy…? Was considering getting only myself lately :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh man, this is a tough call!

I think a lot of the Weekender, its an excellent responsive…but if I really could only pick one it’d probably be the Icarus (am also still honeymooning, haven’t put it down since it arrived now).

Cheers!

5 Likes

The “Big Cheese” Heavensent Creep arrived today.

I’ve been wanting an old Peak again and those are hard to come across. Some fellow members recommended a Creep as a wonderful substitute. Since they cost far less than an old Peak, I hunted down a pretty color.

The packaging is lovely in it’s weirdness and the color does make me cheese very big.

The floatiness is the real test for me when finding a substitute for the Peak and it has it in spades. Free of vibe, grinds very nice, and hits the hand ever so comfortably.

So yeah, I definitely recommend picking one up, and I appreciate those that told me too. Feels good not being as concerned to find a Peak anymore. It’s not a Peak, but it will do. For those wondering, the Creep is more enjoyable than a Peak 2 in my humble opinion. It has more soul than the Peak 2 and less soul than the Peak. You may ask, what is this soul you speak of? My response would be, try a Peak, it’s the only way to understand as words cannot describe it.

And a little Wutang love as it’s rocking Wutang colors.

artworks-9yzBMeUHTATvzrtn-ylo0pQ-t500x500

29 Likes

Redacted and Noah both came today. Both are awesome after the first hour of play, the Redacted blew me away.

27 Likes

I told you it was amazing!! Glad you like it but bummed I won’t be able to pick up another lol. Enjoy it man. It’s something special.

Wu Tang is forever, protect your neck.

2 Likes

I’ve definitely noticed the similarities between the Peak and the Creep, and have talked about them a bunch here and the CLYW discord. It somehow has more of the Peak “soul” than the Peak 2 does lmao… here’s some quick comparison shots between all three for those interested. I definitely like the Peak the most, then the Creep, then the Peak 2.

(Peak 1, Peak 2, Creep)

23 Likes

It’s ■■■■ like this that makes me love you guys. Thanks man

2 Likes

How do you get into the Clyw discord? Invite link is expired on their IG

For anyone who wants to join:

Back to talking about our mail days, sorry…

2 Likes

27 Likes

Hard :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

A non vibe Focus. I’m so happy. Love this thing so much.

Kind of want more colors now.

20 Likes

How does it play like ?? I’m really considering picking one up myself :grin:

I love it. It’s fast and stable. Feels very light on the string. Much lighter than say the YYF Flame which I also like, but that one feels like a brick compared to this one. It’s smooth, fast and very good spin times.

3 Likes

Nice !! Thanks for the info :grin: a friend of mine was looking to buy a new inexpensive bimetal and the focus was the one he was most interested in. and it looks like a really good steal (especially the price) and we both may have to snag this one sometime :wink:

2 Likes

It was my first bimetal and because of that might have me a little bit prejudiced. But I do love it. It feels very similar to the Thesis Hypothesis to me.

3 Likes

Believe it or not… ZERO vibe! Not bad for $17 OTD
With glove, carry clip, and 5 strings
Y03

17 Likes

Nice. I’ve been tempted to give that one a try for a while as well.

1 Like

Yeah it really is hard to beat that price. Especially for someone like me that has five kids

6 Likes

13 Likes