What color String would look best with a gold yoyo?

White

White 4 lyfe

Light Purple or something. Someone should make a way to make bright/neon purple string.

I used to like those cool colored strings, especially the multi colored ones. Until recently I have discovered that yellow is the way to go; Otherwise if you can’t get your hands on yellow at the moment, green might be a good back-up. I find it a lot easier to spot where the string is when yoyo’ing with yellow strings and also discovered why most pros use yellow.

The opposite of my experience, except when yoyoing in a dark room with dark backgrounds… not usually where I yoyo I guess!

This is more for the audience and judges… people who stage contests intentionally use a dark background and the competitors tend to use dark shirts. The spectators then get a great view of the string formations.

AAAH, makes sense. I feel stupid now.

Since yellow is also a lighter color it appears thicker which makes it easier to see. Also the lighter the color the longer the “blur” effect when the string is moving. You can try this with your own string, if you take a long loop of light string and swing it in circles it will make a very easy to see circle of color against most backgrounds. This won’t happen with darker colors unless you’re in a very light colored, bright area.
Also when playing outside in the sun neon colored strings really light up.
I personally enjoy all types of colors, my favorite being neon orange and deep purple, but you can definitely see (pun not intended) why most people use neon yellow.

I think it was G String who made these cool gold-flecked strings. Feel like a little chainsaw on your hand while doing boomerangs, but they certainly look cool.

Blue

I use black.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8620/16266575198_bd89c0b1e0_z.jpggoldthrows3 by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

Top color looks like sour apple ::slight_smile:

::slight_smile: Two of these Prague halves were put together to make that Popstar. This half is one of them. It’s gold…a different shade of it, but it’s gold. All of those golds are different shades. So, it’s in the spectrum.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3848/14678632668_60ac3ac0fe_z.jpgPopStar by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

+1 on this! I use pink with my gold horizon it looks awesome!

:smiley:

Not neon yellow in my experience. It gets washed out on bright days. Neon green holds up pretty well, though. Neon orange is de best!

I agree with you on the orange, it is my absolute favorite color for strings. It also looks amazing on a cloudy day against grass.

gold

Hot pink for sure